Whats best to clean up my headers.

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
As the title says im looking for a good solution to clean up my hedman huslers. These are them. http://www.jegs.com/i/Hedman/500/78056/10002/-1?parentProductId=744781

I called hedman and they said that i can use any metal polish on the scratches and stuff but do not do the entire header. They told me to use soap and water which I am doing now but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Anyone have a solution out there. Do you think i can get away with the metal polish? I dont want to screw up the coating and see surface rust or anything like that down the road if I do.

Thanks for any suggestions!
-Joe

Bueller? anyone? I mean there not terrible but I would really like to clean them up a bit more.

Attachments

• phpPSDEthPM.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 163
I know that I've used a metal polish made by a German company called Wenol. I use it on my TTI ceramic coated headers and they clean up the pitting and rust quite well.

I know that I've used a metal polish made by a German company called Wenol. I use it on my TTI ceramic coated headers and they clean up the pitting and rust quite well.

thanks! I just dont want to ruin the ceramic finish. I would love to try it but i would be afraid of them rusting bad discoloration. I really wanna pull the trigger but I have to think about it.

I would use the metal polish lightly in small areas at a time when done finish up with soap and water.

Is the ceramic you have the smooth polished type? I was assuming it was. I wouldn't try and polish a header that wasn't originally a polished ceramic. The polishing is an additional step in the orignal ceramic coating process.

find a place that coats headers and see what they want to polish them. they use a big tub with tiny balls that look like ceramic. might be cheap enough and will get places your fingers or tools wont want too.

-
Back