Whats everone working on?

-
I installed the freshened up motor and broke it in over the weekend! Now I am ready for opening day. Added new h-beam rods, bigger solid cam and springs from Crowler and new Manley valves :)
tn_120_2049.JPG

In the middle of converting my 69 Barracuda from an automatic to a console mounted 4-speed. Found a rusty 69 Barracuda 340 4-spd sure grip on Ebay last summer and bought it for $2700. Add another $500 to drive from Kansas to Chicago and tow it back. I kept all the 4-speed stuff and parted aout everything else. I still have a few things to sell and I am money ahead. This is quite a job.
Mike

DARTSPORT said:
I installed the freshened up motor and broke it in over the weekend! Now I am ready for opening day. Added new h-beam rods, bigger solid cam and springs from Crowler and new Manley valves :)
sounds like the 9's are coming up soon :thumleft:

Ive got some upgrade coming.

3.91 gears, Compcams XE274, new mini starter.

I also noticed my pinion snubber is smashed up against the floorboard. I'm gonna have to replace it with a stock one. Hopefully when I take it off it will lower the back of the car a little.

hi im in the process of restoring a 74 duster 318 automatic im looking for some parts that are getting hard to find any body with some a body parts for sale email me i need a drivers side door glass a dash cluster some side marker lights im looking for a good deal on a carb and intake 4 barrel for a 318 i also need a good gas tank any help is verry mutch appreciated

hi im in the process of restoring a 74 duster 318 automatic im looking for some parts that are getting hard to find any body with some a body parts for sale email me i need a drivers side door glass a dash cluster some side marker lights im looking for a good deal on a carb and intake 4 barrel for a 318 i also need a good gas tank any help is verry mutch appreciated

Welcome Raybo, I'm sure you will be able to find everything you need here. We'll have to meet up here real soon.

Is that another sharktooth grille or an airplane wing? :) They look almost the same. You can get a lot of time into both projects, car and plane. Ray

Gettin ready to pull the mill. Got something in the rotating assembly thats gone to hell. I think it's a cracked piston or rod bearing that's causing the piston to come up and hit the head. I think I'm gonna built a 416 and put it in and save the original engine for shows and stuff.

Well thanks to Adam telling me about the article being wrong on the bolt patterns on the Wilwoods, I went to the junkyard today to get some bigger bolt pattern rims. What I didnt expect to find was this 69 Dart sitting there with all the Aspens, Cordoba's, and LeBarons. I took the bumper off this car, but whats sad is I knew the owner. He was my manager about 6 years ago and I remember when he got the car. Seems like he gave up on it though
RobertsDart.jpg

Never thought about it that way but after you mention it there are alot of similarities between the Sharkstooth and the wing. I should actually be working on the grille but the thought of sanding all those webs and the masking :shock: simply overwhelms me! With building the airplane at least I'm getting the sense of accomplishment, I can build it in 3-4 weeks; unlike the Duster which is going on 6 years. The flip side is that every penny I spend on the plane prolongs the Duster; :?: what do you do

I had to thin out my extra hobbies so I could focus on my Challenger. I got rid of my R/C Nitro truck, R/C airplanes, Pocketbikes and scuba diving gear. Now that I have my Challenger, I'm looking for a 67-69 sb b'cuda for the wife :roll: Somehow I think the only people that are gonna win here are the people selling me the parts I need for my Mopars. :scratch:

Well, me too once they're done anyway :wink:

I got my starter out today. It's a start. Now I just need to unbolt everything else so I can change the converter.
Anybody else have problems working on their car when the kids ( 3yrs and 1 1/2 yr old) won't take a nap. disgust

Mopower71 said:
Anybody else have problems working on their car when the kids ( 3yrs and 1 1/2 yr old) won't take a nap. disgust

No problem, i was putting mine in a backseat of my wagon...
He sleeps like a baby, but when i removed him, what a noise :!:

Almost every time when he was 3yrs, he played with the radio and steering wheel while i was doing the car and when he get tired, i put him to the backseat and he fell to sleep...

That don't work if you ain't got the seat's... :D

Now when he's 9yrs, i can't find enough to do for him while i work the car...

Every tool which he pick up he asks: what's this and what i can do with it...

s-l-o-w-l-y making progress on all the tubing for my turbo setup. finally got all the header tubes tacked together. trying to hold off a bit on them as i recently picked up a tig welder and want to get some practice in on that so i can finish the plumbing and headers

--chad

Mopower71 said:
I got my starter out today. It's a start. Now I just need to unbolt everything else so I can change the converter.
Ever seen a girlfriend so upset about going to the mall that she goes home to change into some old clothes to come over to help me an my buddy out so we'd go faster :scratch: in the end it tolk longer to show her how it all worked :thumrigh: so we just sat back an let her do all the work,she got most of my fuel system all set up an ready for the leak test :thumrigh: AND YOU WONDER WHY IM GOING TO MARRY HER SOME DAY :cheers:

well, if i dont feel like total sh.. crap tomorrow, im gonna go buy the relays and wiring to rewire my headlights and bypass the amp meter in my car. and get a wheel cylinder for my car so my back brakes will finally work <_< >_>...
oh, some black dude asked me to sell him my car today. i was like.. hmm... $800, but i thought about it right after that, and i dont think ill sell it to him. i think ill keep my car and use it for parts when i get a two door body (dart or scamp..).

I actually did some work on the K. I dropped about $500 on 6061 last week at Dutchess Metals, this was the cheap piece. Most was for another secret project. Thanks to Adam for helping make some room in my garage.
newplate1.jpg

The two piece mounts that were on the car were too low. The old ones are laying on the 400 block. Now the oil pan fits and my external oil pickup adapter fits. When I get the studs in the plate I will finalize the position and work on the mid plate.

newplate2.jpg

-
Back