What's in the 1974 Plymouth Duster factory "Deluxe Insulation" package?

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Fellow Moparites, greetings! Does anyone out there have an original dealer ordering book for the 1974 Duster, or access to this information online? I can't find it anywhere. The reason I'm looking is because I'm trying to determine what was in the "Deluxe Insulation Package", which was a $34.09 option available on the 1974 Duster. My 74 Duster has the A64 Gold Duster package. Included in the Gold Duster package is the Deluxe Insulation Package. I believe that the Deluxe Insulation Package was comprised of two things: First, some extra sound deadening insulation glued under the dash area, and second a resonator in the exhaust tailpipe to further reduce engine exhaust noise. Does anybody want to weigh in on this? I'm curious, because I'm going to install a complete new factory exhaust system on my 225 Duster engine and I want to put the correct resonator in if it's supposed to have it. The 1974 factory shop manual clearly shows a resonator available for this car on page 11-2, described in the manual as the "Quiet Package". My broadcast sheet and fender tag both have the N97 coding, which is described as "noise reduction" on the broadcast sheet. Any thoughts?

-
Back