Whats in your backyard? Part 1

-
Kinda hard to see but we’ve got five baby ground hogs. Here’s a couple checking out the neighbor’s garden.

IMG_0391.jpeg

the black 65 performance package car was found at a goat farm by a chicken coop in Oppyville Illinois with original California plates
1967 Formula S was found in Georgia with original vintage Georgia Peach plates
The red 65 was found in the mountains of Georgia
The blue 65 was found at a horse farm in the Carolinas
Not many people have a clue where oppyville IL is
I happen to work about 2 miles from there....
Look for watseka and you're real close.

Not many people have a clue where oppyville IL is
I happen to work about 2 miles from there....
Look for watseka and you're real close.
go thru Oppyville south around the curve west and there is a small goat farm on your right. The guy is retired railroad and an old school chevy nut. They live in Watseka in Fritz Kielsmeyer's old house by the coco factory. He has a 1/4 mile 70 something Dart, Demon, Duster in that garage with a Chevrolet engine in it. I told him it was blasphemy. It's rumored Fritz was a high roller with REO SPEEDWAGON.

@RustyRatRod Hey! The suns up here in Colorado howbout Georgia? Let’s see that backyard.
Sorry bout that. I forgot. Kitty is working the voting precinct today and we had to get her going at 4 this mornin so I got sidetracked. She probably won't be home till between 10 and 11 tonight. Pictures of woods. lol Right off the back porch, includin Kitty's clothesline. lol

WOODS1.JPG

WOODS2.JPG

Sorry bout that. I forgot. Kitty is working the voting precinct today and we had to get her going at 4 this mornin so I got sidetracked. She probably won't be home till between 10 and 11 tonight. Pictures of woods. lol Right off the back porch, includin Kitty's clothesline. lol

That's going to be a looooong day! Hope you have dinner waiting for her. Or midnight snack.

That's going to be a looooong day! Hope you have dinner waiting for her. Or midnight snack.
It's already fixed!

Do you think Rusty looks good in the pink slip hanging on the clothes line? Karrin has the pink fuzzy slippers that would match that perfectly

Last edited:
please explain the photo when you can
Just a photo taken of a planter box in my back yard... There's a block wall, the planter box is made with more of the same blocks... There's LED rope in the bottom of the planter & LED rope on the back edge of the block wall... There are seven 60' tall Coastal Redwoods behind the wall so the light reflects off the redwoods...

Years back we had problems with homeless (fed by the local church) doing drugs in the dark area below the redwoods... I hung rope lights hoping to chase them away (it worked) but it also wound up looking really cool....

Originally there was a 5' high redwood fence back there... It was rotten & ready to fall down... I was gonna replace it with another redwood fence but wood was so expensive I started looking at options... Found a guy on C/L that had bought enough blocks to put an 8' high wall around his 5 acre lot... Then his wife yells him she doesn't like his plan... I got 1000 blocks for $800... I did all the prep work & paid a buddy to set the block... I put all the conduit & boxes inside the wall... Getting the wall done was about the same $$$ as redwood.... But by the time all the concrete & landscaping was done.... Well I might have spent more but I got more.... And Coral was happy... She's the one who makes stuff grow so I can't take credit for any of that... Lights & fountains are my jobs... I wired outlets to the inside & outside, the outside outlets are switched from inside.... I had thought I could decorate the redwoods for Christmas but they've gotten so big that'll never happen... They were 15' tall now they are every bit of 60-75'

Last edited:
Here's one thing lurking in my back yard.

IMG_20240420_095115418.jpg

On the other side of the shed wall, I have an 8.75" Sure-Grip rear axle I plan to swap into my Dart after I get more pressing issues fixed.

-
Back