whats it worth? (66 Dart 270 sedan)

-

66dart270

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new here, and have a car I'm interested in selling (either on here or ebay), and I was wondering if some of you could help me out with what its worth?

I bought it on ebay 3 years ago, and fixed it so its drivable. New brakes, new engine, etc. Its a baby blue dart 270 4 door, Auto, 225 slant six. Its not the original engine, it has a 2 barrel truck engine 225 in it. The previous owner blew the headgasket, kept driving it, overheated the original engine and melted a hole in a piston. Originally an oregon car, so the body is in great shape. It runs, drives, and shifts good, its just not my type of car. It has some small pinholes in the rear quarters, the trim around the passengers headlight is dented, the dash is cracked, and the windows are a little cranky to roll up and down but other then that its in great shape. The original headliner is clean and still stuck to the roof.

I would post up pics, but its not here (Im at school).

Im curious what you guys think a car like this is worth? I know its hard without pictures, but a rough ballpark estimate would be helpful. Thanks, Josh

Yes, it is hard to say. It really is a buyers market on those cars. But I would say around $1000. Might get more, but it would be what someone is really looking for. I bought one a while back for parts for $50, and the engine runs. Straight body other than the trunk is dented some.

I agree $1,000.00 tops for a clean four door probably lower. But Ebay is a great market and you can always set a reserve. So you have nothing to lose by listing it.

A thousand dollars would be reasonable for a "all door" in good shape. There isn't much of a market for all those doors. A lot of them are turning into parts cars. I could use a front bumper, a grille, and both headlight bezels. I wish I had the room and could find a good clean, straight 66 4door for parts. I.m sure I could buy a whole car cheaper! Toolmanmike

-
Back