What's missing?

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Hello all,
Any idea what I'm missing from the bracket to the right of the a/c compressor in the attached pic? I can't figure it out at all. Lots of puzzle pieces to put together with this car but I'm having fun!

image.jpeg

That must be a replacement compressor, it should have a head like the other side.

Alan

2014-12-27_001.jpg

Look at the other head, there is a flange cast as part of the head, this head should have that flange as well (to the rear).

Alan

It is a slant six and factory a/c, still has this window sticker which I think is awesome. The compressor does have two heads, that side pic is deceiving. Still trying to figure out what was on that bracket....

It's not that something went on that, but what the dryer can bolted to.
Problem is I can't see were it could have been unless it and the block with the fitting that goes to the compressor was flipped over to those two inline bolts on the back side of the other compressor head.

Is it possible that's the way it was?

So TrailBeast you are saying it's just a mirror of the other side?

Yes I can see that it is a two cylinder compressor, the head in the picture you posted (driver side) does not have this ear/flange, this is part of the head (look at the other head), there is a left and right head, they are not interchangeable.

Alan

Image1.jpg

Yes I can see that it is a two cylinder compressor, the head in the picture you posted (driver side) does not have this ear/flange, this is part of the head (look at the other head), there is a left and right head, they are not interchangeable.

Alan

View attachment 1715206631
So dryer on the right and the can on the left is? My Haynes Manual is not that helpful with the A/C system.

Here is another picture that should show what I'm talking about.
s-l1600.jpg

Alan

Ahhhh I get it now Cuda Al, thanks for that pic. Well what the heck with my driver side ear flange? That's strange. I will have to investigate it tomorrow in the daylight.

Ahhhh I get it now Cuda Al, thanks for that pic. Well what the heck with my driver side ear flange? That's strange. I will have to investigate it tomorrow in the daylight.
So after checking the compressor over today it looks like it was worked on at some point and the driver side head replaced with some line-routing going on.

IMG_1257.JPG

-
Back