what's the worst thing mopar has done?

-

moparornocar72

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
Just an opinionated question, i'd say putting iconic names on cars that have no business being branded with the name. 80's challenger current charger, etc

They always have the knack of discontinuing models 6 months before I am about to buy one. Very frustrating.

Use the "constant voltage regulator" for their dash gauges. And of course, discontinuing the DeSoto, lol!

Not producing a big block after 78, not even for trucks, and not making the 80's Daytona as a rear wheel drive car to compete with the Mustang. With a small block those cars would have been some serious competition for the Mustang and the Camaro.

killing the big block even for trucks, yeah that one is up there, but my vote is for the SMALL BOLT PATTERN

the worst thing they have done is getting rid of the slant 6 , wish they made it with fuel injection and a turbo. they should reintroduce the valiant lineup and make an srt 6.

I can't believe folks still get their shorts in a bunch over the current Charger!!

The Charger name has been used on Dodge cars from 66-90 then again with the current car. The current car is much truer to it's perfromance heritage than any of the cars with the Charger name from 75-90.

Ask a Dodge executive and they will tell you it's one of the smartest things they have done.

Putting down its old cars.

Like a few years back with the new hemi ad, a new hemi truck pulling a old car is quicker than the old car, yeah right. Its the new hemi motor that is the joke.

Mopar died around 1990, imo The name is still around but about it.

Its the new hemi motor that is the joke.

Another person with rose colored glasses.

The new hemi is better in every way than the 426 hemi of the late 60's. It makes more power on less displacement and gets better mileage doing it. And, not to mention, it's a much less cranky motor to live with than the 426.

For 2011 the SRT cars get a 480 HP 6.4 hemi.

killing the big block even for trucks, yeah that one is up there, but my vote is for the SMALL BOLT PATTERN

Without a doubt the dumbest idea they've ever had. All the other things mentioned have some reason behind them. MMaybe not good reasons, but reasons nonetheless.
I understand why Ford used the 4 bolt pattern. One less bolt per wheel X millions of wheels = big $ but please explain what the purpose of the small bolt pattern was.

Making the current Chargers,Magnums, 300s and Challengers so damn heavy?

Don't forget shoving out the Aspen/Volares way before they were ready.

I agree with Justin.. never should have discontinued the slant. A bigger version to compete with the Chevy 250 and Ford 300 would be nice too. And they never should have moved away from what was (in my opinion at least) their greatest strength: rugged, reliable, simple people movers. The K car has it's detractors, and I won't argue, but philosophically they were direct descendants of the Valiant/Dart, their best cars ever. Instead, they threw all their effort behind bloated, gadget-laden muscle and luxury cars- and then gave them names sure to make Mopar guys fume and others snicker. Charger? No- that's a Coronet. And the 300? Try Newport or New Yorker. The Challenger's okay if you're into that sort of thing, but just like the original Challenger, it's too little, too late.

-
Back