• Plum Crazy Purple

Votes: 51 13.7%
  • B5 Blue

Votes: 75 20.2%

• Total voters
-

72_Durstya

Reaction score
My Duster is currently Hemi Orange, I've been thinking about what colour I should go with when it's ready for paint. I've decided on one of these three, Ralley red, Vitamin C orange or keep it Hemi orange. What do you think?

I was really lucky i have a near mint condition black vinyl interior with bucket seats and a wooden steering wheel with the 3 star chrome center by grant steering.

Generally speaking B5 is my favorite, but I'm a sucker for black, too. So how come there's are these RED cars here at the house (GTS convertible, two LeBaron GTC convertibles, Daytona Shelby Z, 67 Barracuda fastback) and only two blue cars (and one of those is B3 and the other is originally gold).

I like to green go (lime green) :thumblef: as Dodge called it.

demonsmall.JPG

Mine has alway's be Y5 lemon twist yellow. :thumblef:
It goes grate with black or white int.
And it will help hide any not so perfect body work.
Allso it will keep a car a littel bit cooler. :color:

I think it really depends on the car and more importantly the interior combo.
I've always liked the contrasts like, red w/ white int, blk w/ red int,
silver w/ red int. , blk w/ silver etc....
Even though I am going black on my daughters 68 fastback interior, I do grow
weary of seeing all blk interiors at the car shows. Although it's not as bad as
going to the roadster show only to see 150 rods with the same chevy 350
in every one of them!!!

is sassy grass green the same as green go? if not i like sassy grass green which is not listed......or black

mbaird, I'm with you on this one. Certain colors look excellent on some body styles, while the same color on a different body style looks like crap. My 66 Vart was EE1, Dark Blue Metalic, with white interior, black headliner, dark blue carpet. That color on the 66 just made it look like a piece of shiet, too dark for the size, shape, and body lines of the car. I painted it a medium blue metalic and the car changed personality like night and day. Four shades of blue lighter made the beautiful lines stand out on the car, instead of hiding them like the dark blue did. Suddenly it looked lower, longer, and meaner, the way it was designed to look. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

I hate to sound like a pretty boy, but I,ve gotta be honest. My initial reason
for buying my '73 340 4sp dart sport, was that it was B5 with white interior and a 4sp.. The color combo looked great on that car !!l

My 70 Cuda is Hemi orange
My 70 Duster is Plum Crazy
My 68 GTS is Viper Yellow
My 69 Swinger is White
My 72 Chrager is Rallye Red

A little bit of the rainbow in my garage :color: :color: :color:
100_1053.gif

100_1053.gif

6T9 GTS said:
Where's B7 blue? Thats my favorite.

I agree! Love that color. I stayed with white only because I don't see too many white cars around here at all. Otherwise it would have been B7 baby!

Black. Black as the cairns of hell. Was that over the top. My son was thinking of naming her Black Magic but she reached up and ***** slapped him and said that's a dumb assed name.

Copy of P7280002.JPG

call me boring if you want too but i like white, you know it looks so inocent late at night ;)
but i would anyway say that B5blue is real nice color for those who like a color that makes people look twice ;)

I have always loved T5 copper metallic. My Uncle had a nice 69 Bee way back when. My Swinger is copper, and up here, you rarely see it. Too bad it didn't make the cut here.

The Duster In Tahatian Brown (err Shi* Brown) with beige/tan interior was a classy looking car when detailed out, actually my 1st car. But now I'm thinking a Kandy Tangerine over a gold base (metallic orange) Close to the Hemi Orange. Flat Black Stripes. Any Thought's?

Depends on the quality of the bodywork/paint job and how much time you like to spend keeping her perfect.

Nothing looks better than black on a perfectly straight body that's baby'd. And nothing looks worse than black if it's not perfect. The light/bright colors will hide a multitude of imperfections and dirt/dust.

My favorites are:
If dark, then black.
If light, then silver.

72_Durstya said:
My Duster is currently Hemi Orange, I've been thinking about what colour I should go with when it's ready for paint. I've decided on one of these three, Ralley red, Vitamin C orange or keep it Hemi orange. What do you think?
Maybe I'll beat ya to the paint job. I'm thinking Kandy Tangerine over a Gold Metallic base....having a hard time chosing between The 340 stripe or the sox n martin 2 tone.

-
Back