What's your take on this?

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I got an email from Summit a while back that offered a $25 discount on an order, & it said this...

The Rules: This offer expires on February 5, 2009, and your order must total $100 before tax. This offer cannot be combined with other discounts. Not valid on previous purchases. Limit one discount per person, per purchase. Cannot be redeemed for cash or used to purchase Summit Racing Equipment/Genuine Hotrod Hardware Gift Cards.

Does this mean it can be used only once, or only once per purchase? :-D

I think if you met requirements on 02/02 than again on 02/04 the discount would apply. It is afterall a buyer market today. I expect a sales person would suggest you split a 500 dollar order into 4 seperate orders.
Clock is ticking :)

The reason I asked is because I tried it. I placed an order last week & tried again today when ordering a flywheel. It wouldn't accept the discount. I went on their live chat & here's what happened.

Dale: Hi, my name is Dale. How may I help you?
Brian: I placed an order & it wouldn't accept my email gift certificate
Dale: What is the gift certificate number?
Brian: ZB43744412
Dale: Are you trying to put it on the order for the flywheel?
Brian: yes
Dale: When I look up the certificate, it shows it has been used on the order.
Brian: The info said one discount per person, per purchase. Thought that meant it could be used on more than one order. If it can't, I want to cancel the order.
Dale: I'm sorry I looked at the wrong order. It was used for the order with the oil pan.
Brian: Does that mean it can be applied to this order?
Dale: That is correct. I have canceled the order as you requested.
Brian: I don't understand. You said it can be applied to this order?
Dale: No. I said I thought is had been applied to this order but I was mistaken.
Brian: I'm still confused. yes or no, can the discount be applied to the flywheel order?
Dale: No.No.No.no
Brian: Ok. We're done then. Info in email was misleading. Goodbye.
Dale: Have a good day.
Brian: You too.
Dale has disconnected..

I admit I was trying to "work" their system, but it looked pretty clear to me that I should be able to use it as often as I wanted until it expired. I didn't want to argue with the guy so I just let it go. There'll be another discount.

-
Back