Wheel house carpeting on Fastback Barracuda's

-

A56

MoPar Affliction
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't recall the thread about the title above or if the answer was found, but I recently came across why some fastback Barracuda's had carpeting in that area and it was from option code A86.

1685302588691.png

As far as I know this was not an option on 67s, it was available on both the 68s and 69s.

Alan

Not sure of the letter code for our 67, but it has deluxe trim pkg from factory. No carpet on wheelhouses

The 67 option code for the Decor group is 360, no letter. I have never seen reference to wheel house carpet with this package.

Alan

Probably a '67 Barracuda brochure would detail what was included with the interior decor option as it relates to a fastback..

Probably a '67 Barracuda brochure would detail what was included with the interior decor option as it relates to a fastback..
The 67 brochure I have does not exhaustively list every feature of the interior decor option. But the text never mentions wheelhouse carpet, and it is not shown in any of the photos.

Both the 68 and 69 literature make reference to it.
The 67 list the woodgrain dash and door panel inserts, pedal trim and 150 speedometer, nothing about carpet.

Alan

Here are all the 67 dealer items I have and it looks to me like in 68 & 69 is when the "carpet" was added to the wheel house area and only with the aforementioned decor package...also (in 68 for sure, 69 probably) there was carpet added to the back seats to all decor package cars. Another oddity seems to be the exception to this back seat thing is with white seats... They seemed to always be vinyl.

PXL_20230529_160312592.jpg

PXL_20230529_160253735.jpg

PXL_20230529_160358828.jpg

PXL_20230529_160328754.jpg

PXL_20230529_160309287.jpg

I'm specifically speaking about the carpet "on" the wheel house not so much the carpet on the floor area, but thanks it doesn't show any carpet on the wheel house as most have stated for '67.
Again, not one mention of the carpet on the wheelhouse on the 67s (I looked at this literature and others.)

NOT a 67 option, prove me wrong.

Alan

Again, not one mention of the carpet on the wheelhouse on the 67s (I looked at this literature and others.)

NOT a 67 option, prove me wrong.

Alan
good grief pal what is your problem? Keep up will ya or go back to bed.

I don't normalcy give red X but I felt compelled to on this.
You ask a general question about this.
I state that I didn't think it was an option in 67.
Someone mentions option codes, I give the 67 code.
You mention the brochure.
I state that the 67 has no reference to the carpet.
Someone post 67 literature with no comments.
You feel compelled to clarify that you are referring to the wheelhouse carpet. Had the poster commented on the literature not mentioning the wheelhouse it might have been clear why he posted it.
I was clarifying that there is no mention of it.

Alan

You feel compelled to clarify that you are referring to the wheelhouse carpet. Had the poster commented on the literature not mentioning the wheelhouse it might have been clear why he posted it.

Alan
Yeah, well I guess I'm not the only one who thinks you're wrong, so there's that.

Yeah, well I guess I'm not the only one who thinks you're wrong, so there's that.

Alan
What you don't understand is that the agreement was that it wasn't an option in '67 but apparently your reading comprehension has been dulled. Red X all you want.

I don't think anyone is saying he is wrong, I agree. In 67 MaMopar did not put carpet on the wheelhouse.

-
Back