wheel screws hole in wheels

-

68fsh

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My friend has some wheels with five wheel screw holes in it. I guess it was used for drag racing. anyways, can it be used for street use? would one lose air because of it?

Run them plenty of times, it depends on how big they are and where they are drilled.

Hello 68fsh.
If you are referring to the screws that are installed to help keep the tire from slipping on the rim under hard acceleration yes you can run the rims without the screws with some exceptions.
How big are the holes?
Where in the bead area are the holes?
If the holes (screws) are like depicted in this picture you should be ok.
Most street tires have good thick beads that will seal the holes and not leak air (or nitrogen).
P/S you can also cut the screws down flush with the inside of the bead (no sharp edge) so the screw heads are still on the outside thus no ugly holes. All depends on the look you want.
If you do this locktite them in them cut them off.
Hope this helps.
happy Mopar :)
Arron
Rim with screws.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! that's all I wanted to know!

Give them a try, if they do leak there's always options to seal up the screws (if you cut the back of them off flush), and or possibly have someone weld up the holes?

And when all else fails, there's always the welder. Just don't run "Drag Wheels" on the street. They are called "Drag Wheels" for a reason.
Well; I guess you could run them on the street; but keep them away from curbs,potholes, and Armadillos,lol.

Four studs? wth are those on? BTW, they look a lil low,lol.
Hello AJ/FormS

The key word in my reply was
"depicted"
Photo was for "Illustration" only.
But what can i say.
Oh I understand your from Canada that explains it all.
Happy American made MOPAR :)
EH !
:rofl:

Last edited:
Hello AJ/FormS

The key word in my reply was
"depicted"
Photo was for "Illustration" only.
But what can i say.
Oh I understand your from Canada that explains it all.
Happy American made MOPAR :)
EH !
:rofl:
brings to mind, once upon a time, I took my 10' gmc rims in to have slicks mounted on them, the tire changer told me they would never hold air because of the screw holes. I told him to mount them anyway. Talk about in experienced kids !

-
Back