Wheel well inside, chip resistant epoxy coating?

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
I have a pretty good store credit with eastwood cause I returned their "heavy duty" vibratory tumbler.

Wanted to buy some truck bed liner or por-15 or something totally hard to put in the wheel wells. I completely sand blasted, epoxied the underside and inside, painted it green underneath and engine bay, now not feeling the green and am painting it all cobalt blue. Lots of re-scuffing and painting over on the whole underside.

I was looking at this White Gator epoxy bed liner and por 15 for the wheel wells for chip and ding resistance.

I am going to run a wire brush wheel lightly on the wheel wells and sand with 180 grit to scuff the paint in all crevasses so the bed liner epoxy will stick.
Then I am going to paint the whole underside blue.

I just want some rock resistance in the wheel wells. Will probably do the same to the same inside front wheel well areas too.

Any suggestions?
Am interested in wheel wells body color so, I am not interested in oil, tar or asphalt based undercoat. I want something I can paint over and it look a little orange peel but not grainy like undercoat.

The car has made very little progress since last year so it is still a hull. It is on my newly built rotisserie. So, I can just brush on some bedliner I figured while it is upsidedown.

Thanks.

Attachments

• (156).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 274
  • (174).jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 289
  • (235).jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 277
The bed liner is probably your best bet. You could also use rocker panel chip guard. I used it on the inside of 1/4 panels to mimic the factory undercoating look.

-
Back