Wheel width

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
I am now the lucky owner of a set of 15x8 Draglites for the rear of my Dart, to replace the steel 15x6.5s that I have.

I still need to buy a set of front wheels. Will I be able to run 15x7s on the front? Or will they rub when turning?

Also, I am concerned that it will put me back to the same problem I have now. My front track, with 15x6s is visibly wider than the back (with 15x6.5s). If I have 7s on the front and 8s on the back, will it result in the same appearance? Am I better to stick with 6" rims on the front?

Also, what backspacing shoudl I run? My only choice with the 6" Draglites is 3.5" backspace. I'm not sure what weld offers in the 7" range.

All depends on your backspacing! Have had the same problem with my Demon. Now I have an extra set of new 7 in cragars. I went to the reverse offset to get that straight stance you are looking for. Bigger problem was I could no longer run a bigger tire because I was no longer centered in the wheel well. I guess I should have looked at the math of things a lil better :roll: Anyone looking for a new set of 14 X 7 small bolt pattern cragars?

They are the cragar ss. part no 8762 wheel series 08/61. 14 x 7, 5 X 4 in pattern with 2.75 backspace. New, only set on car, no tires ever mounted. Also have new centercaps with lug nuts too, lh and rh Paid about $375 for complete package. Don't know if these are made anymore?
Make me an offer.

I'm may be in the same boat as you. I'm not sure if they would fit on my Valiant. I'll check and find out, and let you know.

Well I got less room than I thought. I re-read your post, If your having problems getting them under a Demon, then theres no way I could squeeze them under the Valiant. A guy I work with has a Duster with a crappy set of rims. I'll get with him and see if he's interested.

demonwiese said:
They are the cragar ss. part no 8762 wheel series 08/61. 14 x 7, 5 X 4 in pattern with 2.75 backspace. New, only set on car, no tires ever mounted. Also have new centercaps with lug nuts too, lh and rh Paid about $375 for complete package. Don't know if these are made anymore?
Make me an offer.

What do you have now? What is the backspacing you are looking for? Would the other cragars 15 x 7 with 4 1/8" bs fit on the front?

-
Back