Wheels for 66 barracuda

-

GSXcite

Reaction score
I have an all original 29 K mile 1966 barracuda. I have two bent oem 13" wheels. I'm going replace the wheels and tires. I have it narrowed down to the cragar ss 14"X7", or the american racing outlaw II 14"X7". As you may know finding anything for the 5X4.00" bolt pattern is a challenge. I'm leaning toward the american racing wheels as the are half the cost of the cragar, and a cast aluminum wheel. My question. For stock suspension, will a P215 60 14 tire work on all four corners with out rubbing? Will a 225 60 14 work for the rear? I like the look of a little wider tire on the back, but not at the expense of clearance issues. You help is appreciated.

I think a 225/60-14 may fit wit a 7.25 rear but just barely. I run 205/70-14's on all 4 and the rear have about a finger width between the lip and the tire with a 8.75 rear which may be a tad wider than a 7.25. Im running into an issue with the rear springs rubbing with a different offset. Its a hard call, best is to take it to a shop and put it on the lift and have them measure so they can give you an honest fitment. I think the Centerline Auto Drag looks great on our cars, satin is my favorite. Any part number that ends in 540 is 5 on 4 (or 101.6mm)
20100511065727_autodrag.jpg

I have a set of vintage Aluminum American Racing Mag wheels from Parneli Jones with mounted tires. I belive they are 13", in excellent condition. They came off a 1966 Dart.
Supposedly installed by original CA owner in late 60's.
I still have the original boxes they came in as well.
I had bought some 14" wheels from this fellow, and I happened to see this in his garage.
I don't really need them for myself, but I couldn't pass up on them.

Comes with all the lugs and 3 of the 4 center caps. I don't have the 4th.

Let me know if you have any interest, and I will send some pictures.

Unfortunately, you may be able to find something closer and not pay the shipping.

Just a thought.

I have 14x5.5 rims on a 7.25 rear end running 205x70s ( 5.8" tread width) all around

I believe 215x70s (6.4" tread width) would fit as well

I went ahead and ordered the american racing outlaw II wheels in the 14"X7" and P205 70 14 B F goodrich radial TA, and I can't be happier with the combo. If it ever stops raining in Kansas city I'll post some pictures. I'm still having a vibration issue however. I noticed one of the front brake drums has a spring around the drum on the driver side, bot none on the passenger drum. What is the purpose for the spring? Could the lack of a spring on the passenger side be a source of vibration?

I have an all original 29 K mile 1966 barracuda. I have two bent oem 13" wheels. I'm going replace the wheels and tires. I have it narrowed down to the cragar ss 14"X7", or the american racing outlaw II 14"X7". As you may know finding anything for the 5X4.00" bolt pattern is a challenge. I'm leaning toward the american racing wheels as the are half the cost of the cragar, and a cast aluminum wheel. My question. For stock suspension, will a P215 60 14 tire work on all four corners with out rubbing? Will a 225 60 14 work for the rear? I like the look of a little wider tire on the back, but not at the expense of clearance issues. You help is appreciated.

For sure, I just took them off my 66 dart. The front did rub a little, A LITTLE, but they were a nice look. MT:burnout: And American racing is a good choice for wheels. Get 14X7 SBB. they can make them. IMO no less then 7in wide. MT

I have run 15x7 rear wheels with 245/60 tires on a lowered 66 Cuda, no rubbing unless more than 2 people in the car. I currently have 17x8 rears with 245/45/17s with a custom offset, a bit of rubbing on the outside if cornering hard on the track but not under normal driving conditions. The bigger wheel look might not be for everybody, myself included on some, but there are really no choices for decent tires in 14" or 15".

Just got 2, 24560R14 Tires for the rear and a nice sized tire. BFG. MT

Amen on the rain in Kansas City. I have a 66 Barracuda and it came with 14" Cragar SS reversed. Rubbed the first time I drove it. I need a set of non reversed wheels for the car but man I am amazed how limited the selection is for these cars. I found a set of Dart rally wheels but they are 15x8. Do you think they will fit? 235 70 tires on them, not a wide tire but I have no idea what the factory offset in on the rally wheels. The current reversed SS wheels rub the inner fender wells on the rear, so much so I can't drive it more than a few feet without blue tire smoke. I can't find a set of Cragars or much of anything else. I would settle for a set of 14x6 wheels that look decent.

Welcome to FABO dmadden, There is always lots of small bolt pattern ralleys for sale on here. They will work on your 66.

-
Back