When **** hits the fan

-
Wow that made quite the mess! Sorry for your loss that is quite an expensive mishap! I'm looking forward to more pics tho this is interesting thanks for the lesson!!

Can't see why not. One cylinder leaner than others or hotter, etc. I detonated a forged piston into partial destruction once, and the others were fine.
It’s because he doesn’t understand how a dual plane intake can cause such lean rich & destructive conditions. Something his calculators don’t talk about.

I would figure the 2 front holes are the coolest, with the exposure to the cooling air....yes?
The cooling air does nothing to a chunk of cast iron on the outside... the cooling air just gets the water temp down. So Jada is closer I guess.

Last edited:
I know we've all done it but what's wrong with this picture?
20181028_101812-jpg.jpg

we have a winner!
Stand is behind camera, I always put them nearest to me and I reached under the car.
So dont turn this upside down.
Btw That's my oil change jack, 8 years old.
I have a low profile 3 ton and an old 6 for the major stuff.

None of you caught the missing zerk valve on the pitman. Jajajaja ;)

Stand is behind camera, I always put them nearest to me and I reached under the car.

cool :thumbsup: with a name like MoparOffical I was surprised

You have a LOT of spring for that cam. Chances are you had a valve/lock failure. Take the good head apart (if it comes apart without taping the retainers, there's a clue) and look at the valve stems in the lock area, if they're shiny there, that's most likely it.
Did you find the missing valve?

antifreeze, nice it stayed in the oil pan for you! A friend on mine blew up his powerglide last weekend. Cracked it in half. It will happen to everyone.

35854EC5-D22F-4FA9-AE99-697B68D492CF.jpeg

I do indeed stand corrected. Thought for sure that was it.:BangHead:

BTW, MO, is that oil deposits on the back of that valve in post #4, or just up gas deposits? Just wonderin' if there was oil in the chambers contributing to this too.

Stuff like this sucks and hope the remains of this gets put togheter soon making even better power :)

Not here to bash on hyper pistons or the op but i must say i much prefer forged since they will take alitle more abuse when the operator is doing the wrong things before catastrophic failure occurs.

You have a LOT of spring for that cam. Chances are you had a valve/lock failure. Take the good head apart (if it comes apart without taping the retainers, there's a clue) and look at the valve stems in the lock area, if they're shiny there, that's most likely it.
Did you find the missing valve?
Luckily the valves are great, never lost one. That why I run high side spring psi...I'm a lead foot and I have had springs do the hulahoop boogaloo and dig into the spring seats as a tell tale...lucky I constantly fiddle the car to catch **** like that before it bites me..not this time for the piston.
Never dropped a valve and fwiw I run 10 degree comp super locks and they take a tapping to get loose while springs compressed.

-
Back