When to say when

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
So I can't get underneath my car with a torque wrench and do anything to these damn lower control arm bolts so I can drive my car... but I can take a half inch ratchet and the entire handle from my 3 ton Craftsman floor jack and from underneath the hood crank their mothers down about a 16th of a turn at a time how do I know when I got them tight enough? Lol,

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
As anyone ever counted the threads exposed from the tip of the bolt back to the top of the nut on one that's fully torqued?

67Dart273

Reaction score
Can you snap together enough extensions to get a torque wrench past the front bumper?

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
Can you snap together enough extensions to get a torque wrench past the front bumper? Thanks Dell! I don't know I got the radiator in it. I need to drive it out of here tomorrow this is one of the last things I gotta do to get her back on the road getting pretty damn tight on time.

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
measuring the threads. a guy at the dealership i worked at did that with rear ends when replacing a pinion seal on an 8.8 ford. never had one come back for crush sleeve concern.

Phreakish

Reaction score
If the weight is on the wheels, it should be fine. You can put ramps or blocking under them to put the suspension at ride height.

Just be sure to bounce the front end a few times to make sure it's settled.

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I torqued mine sitting on the floor, I didn't think that I had enough room either, until I tried it. Did you try it?

Professor Fate

Push the button, Max...
Reaction score
If the weight is on the wheels, it should be fine. You can put ramps or blocking under them to put the suspension at ride height.

Just be sure to bounce the front end a few times to make sure it's settled.
this^^. Put it up on ramps or blocks, all four wheels. Just need to have the suspension fully loaded with the weight of the vehicle.