When you pay $1200 for an AAR hood, you expect more from Stinger Fiberglass

-
No, make product right in the first place, package it properly and most of all stand behind your product and fix quality problems. Don't be a Dick.

Call the guy up again and make him aware of this thread and all of the attention it has gotten. Give him an opportunity to refund a portion of your payment to reimburse you for the time and effort to effect the repair. Let him know that if he treats you fairly, you'll update the thread accordingly.
As doogievlg mentioned, he is very well aware of the thread, and we had multiple exchanges after he became aware of it. He was so offended at some of the comments left here (that have since been taken down) that he refuses to compromise. He even reached out to the admin here requesting the thread be taken down. I offered to take the thread down or document the happy ending if he helped with the cost of repair, he declined.

I suppose the stinger guy is right put some resin on it and sand it but if you are a bolt it on and go guy you dont want to hear that....
You're right, some resin and sanding will repair the damage. But some styrofoam blocks would've prevented the damage in the first place. Also the incorrect contour on the cowl end will need attention. I anticipated prepping for paint and doing some minor correction, but this was a bit much. Full price for a brand new damaged product is unacceptable.

Oh well, it is what it is.

No, make product right in the first place, package it properly and most of all stand behind your product and fix quality problems. Don't be a Dick.
You are right and I dont know how old the owner of stinger is but id bet the 20 or 30 som,ething emplyess just dont give a rats ***, they are there to punch a clock and get paid. they are all like that no work ethic. I know my generation had issues when we started wroking in the 80s but we had the vietnam vets to grill our asses when we screwed up, and we took it and did a better job going forward for fear of getting our *** chewed twice...:)...

As doogievlg mentioned, he is very well aware of the thread, and we had multiple exchanges after he became aware of it. He was so offended at some of the comments left here (that have since been taken down) that he refuses to compromise. He even reached out to the admin here requesting the thread be taken down. I offered to take the thread down or document the happy ending if he helped with the cost of repair, he declined.

You're right, some resin and sanding will repair the damage. But some styrofoam blocks would've prevented the damage in the first place. Also the incorrect contour on the cowl end will need attention. I anticipated prepping for paint and doing some minor correction, but this was a bit much. Full price for a brand new damaged product is unacceptable.

I’m glad this is still up. Even if they did fix it, at this point it wouldn’t be worth the trouble to buy from them. I’m in the market for a new hood and this helped a ton. All the company needed to do was say, they will give you a partial return and it would have been done. Couple hundred bucks and you would have been happy, this post never would have come up and no one on this forum would have known a thing. Now they have lost at minimum one order (mine). Would have been cheaper to make you happy.

I’m glad this is still up. Even if they did fix it, at this point it wouldn’t be worth the trouble to buy from them. I’m in the market for a new hood and this helped a ton. All the company needed to do was say, they will give you a partial return and it would have been done. Couple hundred bucks and you would have been happy, this post never would have come up and no one on this forum would have known a thing. Now they have lost at minimum one order (mine). Would have been cheaper to make you happy.

Check out Sled City Fiberglass

Just came across this thread. Last year I ordered a 6 pak hood for the Coronet and it was delivered by OD. The driver and I unloaded the box and saw a two gashes in the middle of the box; one was a graze but the second clearly got into the box. It was apparent someone lifted the box with a forklift, even though there were stickers "Do Not Lift With Forklift". The OD driver waited while I opened the box and sure enough, there was a fairly deep gash about 10" long in the middle of the hood. I asked the driver what to do and he said I should reject the shipment as damaged (the driver was really cool).
A week later I'm on the phone with a pretty annoyed rep from Stinger; their position was the same as noted above, that the damage was minimal enough to be fixed. True enough, but I'm not a body man so I told her I just took the advice of the driver.
It was a cordial conversation, and in the end they shipped me a brand new hood with more packing material (at my request).
I ended up with a nice hood for no extra cost, although I was surprised at the minimal packing (even the second time). But, the first shipment would've been fine if someone at the OD warehouse didn't run a forklift through it. Best advice is to open and inspect the contents with the shipper present, take pictures, and reject it if there's a defect. Once the contents are back in Stinger's possession they have to deal with the customer.
I think Stinger's policy (not that I agree with it) is that customers can fix minor blemishes and major shipping damage will be covered by OD.

I think Stinger's policy (not that I agree with it) is that customers can fix minor blemishes and major shipping damage will be covered by OD.
I wonder if the owner of Stinger would have the same attitude if he went out and bought a new TV, got home, unboxed it, and found a huge scratch across the screen - or a chunk missing out of the corner of the frame?

I bet he would do his balls at the shop where he bought the TV.

Who is he to demand this thread be taken down? Is he also a member of Congress? He lost far more business than the $25 worth of foam blocks it would have cost him.

Last edited:
I own a shop and see about .5 to maybe pushing it and hour. Considering you will have to do some work anyways I really say .5. Our labor rate is 65.00 hr. You have spent more time reading and replying then that unless your time is worth penny's. I bet you gladly paid the shipping and didn’t say a word considering how much shipping has increased and cost of everything has gone up due to the clown in office. I am new to this site and if this is how it is I wont be here long.
Now the brutal truth. I bet he ships hundreds of these a year and if it was really a package issue he would have changed how they pack them. Did the package have inspect before taking possession? or something like that? If so its your fault not anyone else shipping issues happen all the time I had two hoods damaged in shipping by another co I inspected the item refused and wow no issues. Hard truth is he really doesn't have to do a dam thing for you cause you couldn't follow instructions.
You must really be a drama queen You first stated if was not a big deal until all the people pumped your ego and wow they have you spun up. If you give me your address I would gladly send you the 32.50 to shut you all up. Wow i cant believe how you all have acted
It is obvious that most of you have not worked a lot with fiber glass.
How much does Artie the Shyster pay you?

I wonder if the owner of Stinger would have the same attitude if he went out and bought a new TV, got home, unboxed it, and found a huge scratch across the screen - or a chunk missing out of the corner of the frame?

I bet he would do his balls at the shop where he bought the TV.
He would be leaving comments on a forum like we are doing, and then the sender of the TV could start whining that the posts be taken down.

No matter what, the business is the owners responsibility, whether it's a defective, poorly made product, or a defective poorly trained shitassed employee, OR OWNER, it all falls on the owner. I give the clown 3 years if he keeps his attitude work ethic the same....
You are right and I dont know how old the owner of stinger is but id bet the 20 or 30 som,ething emplyess just dont give a rats ***, they are there to punch a clock and get paid. they are all like that no work ethic. I know my generation had issues when we started wroking in the 80s but we had the vietnam vets to grill our asses when we screwed up, and we took it and did a better job going forward for fear of getting our *** chewed twice...:)...

Who is he to demand this thread be taken down? Is he also a member of Congress?He lost far more business than the $25 worth of foam blocks it would have cost him.
Lol! Screw most of those "members" too. This stubborn Jackass hasn't learned anything, 244 posts in, & then doubles down on His arrogance by trying to coerce an administrator erase the truth about His shitty 'tude? Really........reputation defender is probably on speed-dial #1 with this one. Anybody old enough to drive knows to properly package fragile items, for an honest whoops, let alone carelessness. Nope, do a shitty job on the cheap, then put it on the shipper......unprofessional at the very least.

I'm waiting on a hood from AAR/Stinger right now. I placed my order after this thread was started and I was very hesitant to do so. After calling six places only two made the hood and the other place had worse reviews.

My experience so far:

Placed the order over the phone. Women taking the order was great. Very friendly. Said no less than 4 times not to sign for the shipment until I inspected it.

Received invoice almost instantly. Then received a shipping notice much sooner than I expected.

Went to pick up the hood and saw very little damage to the box. There is a giant red/orange sticker on the box that says to inspect for damage before signing and accepting. I throughly inspected the hood and everything looked great. No chips or damage anywhere. Then I noticed it was the wrong hood. I regected the shipment. I called them and left a message explaining what happened. Monday morning I called again and they were already trying to take care of it. Very apologetic. Recieved a new shipping notice this week which I thought was impressive.

We will see how the new (hopefully correct) hood is.

This thread has blown up pretty good. I'm not saying it was handled correctly by AAR. But I do wonder how it would have turned out if the OP inspected it and rejected it due to the damage.

Wooden crates, the way all fiber glass body parts should be sent. Forget about the rest go with Glasstek, it seems like they got their act together.
No kidding. Back in the 80s, I was into Corvettes. I did a cosmetic restoration on a 66 convertible and sold it to buy a rough 66 convertible with factory AC. I did a body off frame resto on that. It had been hit hard enough in the front to damage all the fiberglass from the windshield forward. So I cut off all that fiberglass (being careful to leave all necessary bonding strips intact) and put on a correct factory front end of 16 separate pieces and several bonding strips. Back then you could buy all the pieces at your local Chevy dealer except the large top piece. It was a large rectangular piece that consisted of the cowl, both top fender halves and the nose piece in front of the grill. I found a place that had a few of those factory pieces and ordered one. It came on a truck with NO, I repeat NO packaging at all. It was just a big rectangular chunk of fiberglass leaning up in the corner. Guess what, it had some minor damage. The driver was very nice, and we noted the damage. I called the company, and they apologized, and offered me a check for $50 to fix it. That was fair to me. But they did the right thing.

back in the eighty's PEOPLE cared more about the job they did a whole lot more than they do today. today's attitude seems to be do the least amount possible for the most amount of money

I'm waiting on a hood from AAR/Stinger right now. I placed my order after this thread was started and I was very hesitant to do so. After calling six places only two made the hood and the other place had worse reviews.

My experience so far:

Placed the order over the phone. Women taking the order was great. Very friendly. Said no less than 4 times not to sign for the shipment until I inspected it.

Received invoice almost instantly. Then received a shipping notice much sooner than I expected.

Went to pick up the hood and saw very little damage to the box. There is a giant red/orange sticker on the box that says to inspect for damage before signing and accepting. I throughly inspected the hood and everything looked great. No chips or damage anywhere. Then I noticed it was the wrong hood. I regected the shipment. I called them and left a message explaining what happened. Monday morning I called again and they were already trying to take care of it. Very apologetic. Recieved a new shipping notice this week which I thought was impressive.

We will see how the new (hopefully correct) hood is.

This thread has blown up pretty good. I'm not saying it was handled correctly by AAR. But I do wonder how it would have turned out if the OP inspected it and rejected it due to the damage.

I picked up the Replacement hood today. Packaging was the same as last time. Large box stapled together. Each corner of the hood having a piece of cardboard formed and stapled to the box. Not much to it.

Hood and scoop both are damage free.

My experience with AAR was great aside from the first hood being the wrong one. They rectified that in a timely fashion.

-
Back