where can I find Kelsey Hayes caliper bolts?

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
where can I find Kelsey Hayes caliper mounting bolts? I need four............. any idea's?

You have to advertise for them on the Mopar car forums in their "wanted" sections, and then hope that someone has them to sell to you.
They do not exist in the aftermarket, or reproduction places.
I rebuild lots of those calipers as a sideline business, and i have a difficult time finding them when i come across disc brake set ups when they are missing.
I was looking into getting those bolts reproduced, but the cost to do that is way to high for the average person to attempt something like that. Then there is the heat treating, hardness, charge for those bolts too.
The bolts really couldn't be made to make any type of profit on for such a limited market.
You just have to go to the local hardware store and buy yourself some 7/16 fine thread bolts.
Good luck to you anyway in your search.

You have to advertise for them on the Mopar car forums in their "wanted" sections, and then hope that someone has them to sell to you.
They do not exist in the aftermarket, or reproduction places.
I rebuild lots of those calipers as a sideline business, and i have a difficult time finding them when i come across disc brake set ups when they are missing.
I was looking into getting those bolts reproduced, but the cost to do that is way to high for the average person to attempt something like that. Then there is the heat treating, hardness, charge for those bolts too.
The bolts really couldn't be made to make any type of profit on for such a limited market.
You just have to go to the local hardware store and buy yourself some 7/16 fine thread bolts.
Good luck to you anyway in your search.

thanks for the info.............. I guess the search continues!

HemiMark.
Let me see if i can help you out here with you caliper bolt question.

The bolts that you are looking for are a rather unique "shoulder bolt" that fasten the caliper to the spindle.
They are 7/16 x 20 x 1 3/4 inch in length.
If you go to Lowes or Home Depot you are only going to find bolts in 1 1/2 inch and 2 inch lengths that are standard, common every day, grade 8 bolts.
A 2 inch bolt will be too long, but a 1 1/2 inch bolt will work.

When i need grade 8 bolts, i order a 10 pack of them from McMaster Carr, as they have everything in the world, and have them in 1 3/4 inch length.
Their number is 91257A698 if you are particular like me, and want to have at least the right bolt length.

Hope i was of assistance to you here this afternoon.
Jim V.

HemiMark.
Let me see if i can help you out here with you caliper bolt question.

The bolts that you are looking for are a rather unique "shoulder bolt" that fasten the caliper to the spindle.
They are 7/16 x 20 x 1 3/4 inch in length.
If you go to Lowes or Home Depot you are only going to find bolts in 1 1/2 inch and 2 inch lengths that are standard, common every day, grade 8 bolts.
A 2 inch bolt will be too long, but a 1 1/2 inch bolt will work.

When i need grade 8 bolts, i order a 10 pack of them from McMaster Carr, as they have everything in the world, and have them in 1 3/4 inch length.
Their number is 91257A698 if you are particular like me, and want to have at least the right bolt length.

Hope i was of assistance to you here this afternoon.
Jim V.

yes sir! you have been a very big help!

I can get you a pic in a day or so if that will help......

Did those bolts work for you Mark? I can't find my bolts ,going crazy here looking for them.

well, old thread..... Jim was and is a hugh help but a member here sent me 4 original bolts so I didnt have to order any. I'm sure they would work great if Jim is using them, just check out some of his restored KH brakes.

-
Back