Where can I find these Female connectors?

-

C2ndLTpigeon

Mopar or no Car!
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone knows where to find the dash harness side of the Ignition connector and multi signal switch connectors pictured below.

Thanks
299056961_731302037958322_1745942189508579141_n.jpg

You need to contact outfits that make harnesses. Maybe they will sell you a connector. Evans Wiring Harnesses used to sell parts and pieces at Carlisle.

I believe Mattox had a thread on this some time back

Call this guy. He had a bunch of different connectors for different models, when I talked to him.

Mike
AMS Obsolete
706-337-4606

That is the crappiest connecter they ever used. The reproductions in a Year One harness and aftermarket turn signal switch lasted 2 months before it melted. I would just wire in a WeatherPak or some other decent connector. I just jumped and soldered the wires as it happened the morning of a trip we were taking. That won't melt.

The reproductions in a Year One harness and aftermarket turn signal switch lasted 2 months before it melted.

This was NOT the fault of the connector... indicates bigger problems elsewhere.

I would contact M&H and ask very nicely. While you have to go to a distributor to buy their harnesses, they have sold me small stuff directly.

Show me an original that did not have that plastic either turned black near the main power connection or actually melted.

I could....but it is not the norm for sure. Same goes for the bulkhead connector. This is why new cars have a pile of relays under the hood. No need to run any big power into the car this way. Cheaper to install relays than it is to install heavy gauge wire to handle it.

I mean mine is a sign of one that is not burnt, and my bulkhead has no signs if melted sections. Mines just brittle with age and decided to disintegrate.

Nobody at Chrysler ever expected these cars to last more than 10 years, maybe 20 at the outside. Now they are 50 years old plus. IMHO - The heat in the connection that MOST LIKELY causes it to burn is resistance in the metal to metal connection that is 50 years old and never cleaned and greased, or loading that wire with more draw that it was designed to handle (add ons, 120 amp alternators, etc). If you had new connections on a new harness there is no inherent reason for it to heat up so there has to be something else in the system that isn't right.

Your car is likely 1970's w key switch in steering column (always tell us). In my 1960's, the turn signal connector is twin-lock, also used on Fords, which is what the right white conn in your photo appears. Try picking Dodge vans and RV's as they tended to use older connectors even into the 1990's?

-
Back