Where can I find this…

-

1969cuda

Reaction score
I am looking for 5/8” od by 10” L tube suitable for connecting two heater hoses togethe. It would look like this if I can only find it. I’ve searched around the internet, but only came across a pic of what I’m looking for, not in the size I need. Any ideas where I can find something like it?

B2E790D1-D183-4080-B5AA-E8621A49A58D.jpeg

Why does it have to be so long? I just google'd "heater hose coupler" and found some that look similar, but I think finding one 10" long is going to be tough. You may have to make one to those spec's.

I am restoring my A100 heater box and would like to keep it as close to stock looking as possible. I am replacing this portion here.

BB7B744B-612D-4DA7-B28E-76876C3D8A91.jpeg

Check with a local radiator repair shop. They normally also do heater cores and should be able to set you up with either fittings, or make you an entire new piece.

If you really want to try making it yourself, use 1/2" copper (OD is close to 5/8") and sweat (solder) a compression fitting ring on the end to act as a barb.
1666732289164.png

I ran a 4" piece of plumbing copper for almost 6 years while my heater control valve was out.

Never had any leaks without the flange.

You could try galvanized pipe, which would look close on the outside, and no one would see how thick it was, but being super thick might restrict the flow a bit. No flange, again.

You might browse through "Yogi's" street rod parts site.
They have a LOT of generic pipe and hose parts.
That's where I found 90* fuel fill elbows for my 66/67 gas tanks for $18 versus the repro hoses for almost $90 each.

Thanks everyone, I decided to try this from Dorman and flair it myself. Hopefully it is not too thin.

4C978872-E23E-436D-B224-7CB62C6E1B19.jpeg

Dakotas used them some years. My 00 has them, "I guess" for the assembly line folks. YOU DON'T NEED the bump on the ends. For 5/8 I've used some short (pick your length) galvanized 3/8 pipe nipples. Someone mentioned copper. I see no reason that would not work.

I replaced heater hoses on a Mercedes of some vintage 30 years ago. That car was a mix of hose and tubing. Wandering around a wrecking yard might give some solutions.

you
I am looking for 5/8” od by 10” L tube suitable for connecting two heater hoses togethe. It would look like this if I can only find it. I’ve searched around the internet, but only came across a pic of what I’m looking for, not in the size I need. Any ideas where I can find something like it?

View attachment 1716002771
could make it out of copper , available at a plumbing supply , better known as a copper stub out ...

To be clear, I have a replacement valve installed and flared the aluminum tube I have pictured. It is all back together and working as it should. The quest for finding a 5/8” factory flared tube in the desired length I needed was futile.
Thanks for everyones help.

I realize you already have it fixed up, but I just noticed this thread shortly after checking out the website for Erin industries. It looks like they do tubing products and perhaps they could have made one for you, although we don't know what it would have cost. And it's run by a real Mopar guy.
Home - Erin Industries

-
Back