Where can I get one

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
I have ordered 4 wiper motors that were supposed to be remanufactured A1 Cardone part #40350 from various places. And every time the part comes in, it's cardone select part #85350 wiper motor in the box. Does anyone know where I can get a rebuilt wiper motor for a 68 barracuda?

If you still have your original motor, there are places that will rebuilt your motor and make it look like new

If you still have your original motor, there are places that will rebuilt your motor and make it look like new
That's part of the problem Dartman, I can't find my original one anywhere, I've looked everywhere I would have put it
Dartman, I wished I could find my original one. I think I hid it from myself.

Cardone and Dorman have monopolized the reman market. Nobody else can compete with them. 90% of their **** is basically junk. I deal with it everyday. I would rather put a swap meet used one on a driver, rather than Cardone crap.

Cardone and Dorman have monopolized the reman market. Nobody else can compete with them. 90% of their **** is basically junk. I deal with it everyday. I would rather put a swap meet used one on a driver, rather than Cardone crap.
Yeah, they offer the rebuilt one but when you order it they send a new one in the remanufactured box that looks nothing like what you ordered. Maybe it's good that I didn't get one from them. But regardless of that, I still have to get one...somewhere..lol

Cardone is absolute junk from my experience. I won't buy anymore parts from them. I find it elsewhere or buy used. Dorman seems decent though, no experience with wiper motors from them. Recently bought a Dorman transmission pan. It's thicker and heavier than OE mopar and has a drain plug!

Cardone is absolute junk from my experience. I won't buy anymore parts from them. I find it elsewhere or buy used. Dorman seems decent though, no experience with wiper motors from them. Recently bought a Dorman transmission pan. It's thicker and heavier than OE mopar and has a drain plug!
I'll have to check out Dorman out, I didn't know that they sold wiper motors. But I think I'll do that.

What else does that wiper motor fit have one from a 70 Plymouth duster? Just an option if it will work?

Ok so on the cardone rant I put a steering rack in a Mercedes c230 coustomer took the car after job , he had the car for approx 1 month brought it back with a noise , so I hop in the car go around the block I hear the noise as I’m pulling over the curb into the shop the steering locked solid scariest thing that ever happened , what if the coustomer just didn’t care kept driving and at highway speeds hit a similar bump , bad bad bad ... thank god I was only doing 2mph

That's part of the problem Dartman, I can't find my original one anywhere, I've looked everywhere I would have put it

Dartman, I wished I could find my original one. I think I hid it from myself.
Maybe did you "core" it on a new one??? And now we come to the fun part. Might cost a couple bucks, some time, and a little more long running effort, but run a wanted ad and see what happens. Even one that needs to be rebuilt and no one rebuilds one, then you learn to rebuild one on your own. The alternative is around $500 +/- on ebay. Rebuilt. And they have them, and the price will make you real handy at rebuilding one. See photo
20180517_111120 - Copy.jpg
of after I pulled my hair out-it's a miracle, a real life miracle... :rofl:...and it's mine, I did that, they did not get $500, nothing..... :thankyou:.....now we remove the entire dash for one weak clip-and thats something there, use brand new clips, even if they look good, it rains here, and on days it don't rain it pours......luck!

S.F Restauration Automobile (facebook, Quebec, Canada) - Stephan is very reasonably priced and can perform a wide variety of parts restorations, not just wipers.

Are the 3 speed ones the same as Dodge tan in the 70’s trucks? Just curious.

-
Back