Where did the Maritimes go ?

-
I can tell you that this is about the worst storm I have ever seen, and it is NOT over yet!

I have a 12/12 pitch roof so no worries about that..

We have a new provincial holiday this year..on Monday..and it is going to be a snow day I suspect :)

We haven't been hit as bad as NB...PEI is also being walloped..

After having a December with no snow and warm temps, we thought we were going to have a BC winter .. it is sad..pics of the BC ski hills are bare, no snow..you have to go up in the mountains this year..

I went out yesterday and moved my snow banks as far back as I could. It was a good thing I did. I went out at noon today and started plowing as the snow was getting very deep. I filled in where I pushed the snow back yesterday and then some. I got stuck in my driveway twice. There were times I couldn't see the house from 40 feet away. What a PITA. I got the driveway done but still can't go anywhere. The road has 3 to 4 feet on it. I have to stay home tomorrow to shovel the roof of the house off. It has a 6 foot drift on it. I am having so much fun I can't stand it.

Jack

I went out yesterday and moved my snow banks as far back as I could. It was a good thing I did. I went out at noon today and started plowing as the snow was getting very deep. I filled in where I pushed the snow back yesterday and then some. I got stuck in my driveway twice. There were times I couldn't see the house from 40 feet away. What a PITA. I got the driveway done but still can't go anywhere. The road has 3 to 4 feet on it. I have to stay home tomorrow to shovel the roof of the house off. It has a 6 foot drift on it. I am having so much fun I can't stand it.

Jack

Holy Crap! The wife and I were just saying it's sure been tough over that way. I read what you all are going through and feel pretty lucky we're having a mild winter in the NW. Sunny today, just got back from the dog park, shorts, but you don't need to hear that right now, hang in there, Springs coming!

I am one of those nutters..I like using the snow blower...was doing my neighbors driveway last week and suck up their flyers packet...I eventually had to burn some of the paper to free my auger :)

I also don't have to be anywhere...since I don't have a life :)

I think you guys in NB and PEI are being hammered worse than us...mind you, the snow is shill coming down horizontally due to the wind and it is farking cold..turned the temp up just in case we lose power..dogs are not going to be walked tonight..

we got hit yesterday but we are getting hammered right now today .

only a foot of snow here but -28 (-19f) brrrr.... come on spring. hang in there you east coasters, we are thinking of ya

warmed up yesterday afternoon to 0 degrees here at the coast after 30cm of snow, got freezing rain, then went to minus 15 overnight with minus 25 windchill - jesus everything is frozen solid, like living on a f#$king glacier

the power is out over most of the island but i still have mine for now 75cm and snowing harder now then ever . lol.

First time I have ever gone through a full tank in my snow blower...still really cold..just wind now...

the power is out over most of the island but i still have mine for now 75cm and snowing harder now then ever . lol.

Sounds like you are getting hit a little harder than we got this time Aaron. Have another drink and stay safe.

Here's the front of my house today.

Jack

Attachments

• mini IMG_0372.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 123
it snowed then rained hard here yesterday for 3 hours that settled the snow then it fell to -15 overnight and snow then the wind came up from the north east now north 30 to 35 knots but the sun is out now. it looks like you may have more snow than i do jack .

I can tell you that this is about the worst storm I have ever seen, and it is NOT over yet!

Think back to the 3 day storm we got back in 1992, Feb. 1, 2, 3. 168 CM over 3 days. It was worse and we also had worse ones than that when we were kids, but then again you are 3 1/2 years younger than me.
JG

warmed up yesterday afternoon to 0 degrees here at the coast after 30cm of snow, got freezing rain, then went to minus 15 overnight with minus 25 windchill - jesus everything is frozen solid, like living on a f#$king glacier

I have a sister who lives outside Dartmouth NS and I saw on the news...things are not pretty.
Jean-Guy

-
Back