Where did you mount your.....

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
front speakers? Im looking for ideas because I do not want to mount mine on the door panels or kick panels. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

There is a thread on here somewhere about a bracket to mount two speakers in the stock location on the dash. Looks pretty cool and believe the brackets or patterns were being sold on here...

I mounted two 3.5" speakers in place of the old dash speaker.

finishedspeakersimg.jpg

Back in the real day, :happy10:(just after fire but before the 80's) :happy10:eek:ne of the solutions would be to build custom center "stand" console under dash to hump, to house FM converter, 8 track player & CB radio, with toggles for under dash lights. Far enough away from heater out let to let blow but flush to dash and going down, slanted slightly out, or straight down from dash face, & could house gages also.
We would then mount front speakers in the sides of that facing out towards pass & driver. No pics but could draw or build for you.
We made with wood and then apholstered with 1" foam rubber & vinyl with tuck. Or what ever you like. You could bondo and paint same color as interior or side it with old beer cans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Word!:cheers:
Good Luck!!
My different old school $.02 worth!

I got my bracket from '74 sport on this board. Fits great in stock location on my 65 barracuda and holds two 3 1/2 speakers.

In my old 64 Cuda, I put a set of speakers under the seats. Worked pretty well as long as you don't really crank up the volume.

you will have a good set up with the speakers in a pair where the orginal was. and then for the rear. place them under the rear seat, facing forward. the sound comes out very good through the vinyl and noone can figure out where the sound comes from. really. not kidding. :)

in my opinion the best place is in the kicks or the doors...you can fit an overall larger speaker, and if you plan on actually hearing your music and having a good sounding audio system those locations are a must (especially if your car will have any semblance of loudness in the exhaust note)...and for the rears, well the metal support under your package tray should have holes on boths sides for some 6x9's

They could be placed inside the vent boxes under the dash. Tossed under the seat is sooooo easy. The factory put them in the doors on some cars. Decent OEM speaker grilles for those are few and far between.

do you have a part number or a link to the page at crutchfield?

70 duster where did you get yours?
Andrew

-
Back