Where do I mount the sensor?

-
Not a real good place for that kind of sensor. Mine Like that is in top radiator hose with an adapter. Works good In that location for telling engine temp when system is working properly. However, if you lose coolant and none is flowing through hose anymore, it won’t tell you that you are overheating.

Show a picture of the intake you are using & someone will be able to tell you.

FIRST we need to know WHAT you are mounting it ON?

Are you working on a 47 Studebaker?
A Farmall tractor?
Or a 2001 Dodge Cummins?

What engine? Year make model? It does matter. And as above^^ a photo of just what intake you have would help.

One way "Might" be to buy (or make) an aftermarket thermostat spacer, which provides another port or mounting boss

This type of thing here:

mor-63433_xl.jpg

Thank you. I appreciate all of that information. I wasn’t aware of what I needed to show but I’ll get pictures

OK but why can't you just TELL us what you are working on?

Tell us what engine because b engines are very limited to temp. sensor location. I had to use the one that 67dart shows on a Hemi which is similar to a b engine. Small blocks have more holes because water runs thru manifold.

Why do people ask for advice but don't say what they are working on.

Some of them think we are omniscient & mind readers. LOL

Don't get your knickers in a twist, most of us are just having fun with you. LMAO

The first few posts people asked what you're working on and you never said what engine. You still at this point didn't tell us. Houdini has been dead a long time. Help us to help you.

Jeasus Christ Guys!!! I can be nice and understanding to a point. “Some of them” are learning and appreciate the advice of members who want to actually help. If you want to judge “some of them” for what you think are stupid questions instead of helping then just don’t respond because the judgmental responses make you sound like assholes!

Two of us have asked you what you are working on and you have answered back numerous times WITHOUT mentioning WHAT you are working on. WHO IS THE ASSHOLE?

A hint: Nobody is paying any of us to be here and try and help. This is a two way street.

I’ve actually responded back, i

AND YOU STILL HAVE NOT MENTIONED WHAT KIND OF ENGINE YOU ARE WORKING ON Is there some mental block here?

"I'm working with a 19__ Ch-For-Pon-Bui-Ol-Ca-Che-To-Ni-Fi model ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz"

You sir, are turning into a troll

AND YOU STILL HAVE NOT MENTIONED WHAT KIND OF ENGINE YOU ARE WORKING ON Is there some mental block here?

"I'm working with a 19__ Ch-For-Pon-Bui-Ol-Ca-Che-To-Ni-Fi model ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz"

You sir, are turning into a troll
LOL, I don’t even know what a “troll” is.

ADMIN: can you please delete this post?

Maybe he is not aware of the different engine lines that Mopar has and didn't commit not knowing what he had. It's just unfortunate that we asked for info and he wasn't forthcoming with it. It seems like he is upset and maybe won't be back. He should look at our side because everybody was willing to help, just needed a little more info that he should have given us to solve his problem.

With attitude like his we don’t need him around here anyways. Rusty’s cat broke his Chrystal Ball so we’re kinda at a disadvantage now. Kim

He'll have a HELL of a good time over at Moparts

-
Back