Where does a 68 barracuda convertible top drain?

-
This is a Dart (GTS), but the channel below the body lip is where the water runs that gets past the top. It runs down into the quarter panel and out through the drains in the seam. Barracuda is the same, but the shape of the dutchman panel is different.
20180906_132455.jpg

This is a Dart (GTS), but the channel below the body lip is where the water runs that gets past the top. It runs down into the quarter panel and out through the drains in the seam. Barracuda is the same, but the shape of the dutchman panel is different.View attachment 1715238476
Thank you for your reply. I ordered a drain kit for the car and what I got was two body plugs with small hoses running through the middle of them and I cannot find where to put them. The car just came out of the body shop. Some people have suggested these plugs would go in the trunk well. I just haven't been able to find any information on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Skip ('68 Barracuda)

Skip
Jim gave you a good look at the drain run from the inside and here is how it looks where it dumps inside the quarter itself. As for drain hoses and plugs I can't help with that because I haven't ever seen one with them.
37245904981_c99752b702_b.jpg

Skip
Jim gave you a good look at the drain run from the inside and here is how it looks where it dumps inside the quarter itself. As for drain hoses and plugs I can't help with that because I haven't ever seen one with them.View attachment 1715238582
Toplscuda -
I appreciate the information. I will check with my body guy and make sure the drain holes are working. In regard to the drain plugs, Classic Industries sells them under part #MD8053. I am not sure where they go, maybe I need to give Classic Industries a call. Again, thanks for the info. Skip

There were no drain holes in the factory well. Some later convertibles that I have owned had them, however. I've never had a water problem in the well of any of my convertibles (three a-bodies, three LeBarons, one Sebring, one Miata, and one BMW).

I believe the hose are routed to the trunk and out the quarter panel plug holes. My 69 Barracuda convert. has the lower rocker rot and lower front rear quarter rot because the rocker weep holes were probably plugged and water laid in there and rotted the metal. i just bought new AMD full quarters to replace all the bad metal. Look inside your trunk and look for the round holes inside the quarters. See if the hoses reach that area. Previous member is correct inside the dutchman panel where the tops fastens inside there is a water gutter.

The Fish Sept 12st 2018 Capitol City Cruisers event.jpg

DSCN3037.JPG

DSCN3038.JPG

The only body plugs that I know of that have a vent/drain provision belong in the turned down or drop off portion of the trunk floor extensions. The plug has a small flat so it installs correctly.

The only body plugs that I know of that have a vent/drain provision belong in the turned down or drop off portion of the trunk floor extensions. The plug has a small flat so it installs correctly.
Yes... My error not in the qtr panel the trunk extensions.

DSCN3084.JPG

-
Back