Where does seam sealer go?

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Well, I managed to strip my car completely excluding the rear window, steam clean it bare, sand blast a lot of it more bare. Soaked it with SPI etching epoxy. Working my way towards the back under the car currently.

I am using Eastwood's inside frame spray kit too. Just used an entire can on the cowl air chamber inside. Took 30 + minutes to properly do that..

It wont be long, I will be wondering which seams need sealed and from which side. I am probably going to use Eastwoods seam sealer since it did a nice job on this seam I sealed already and after several weeks was still mastic.

So, would anyone out there be able to shine some light on all the seam points that need sealed? Also, would anybody know all the body and frame "drains"?

I can see that water is meant to "drain" from a number of places and I remember where most the seam sealer was, but it would be great if someone had quality experience and knowledge of such.

:)

Attachments

• DSCN1288.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 198
Thanks much 72Plymouth. He sent me a 16 page PDF. Lots of various body styles and all the seams that are sealed with the exception of the underside of the floor pan from what I see. I converted it to jpeg pictures using Adobe Pro. Attached are a couple if the jpegs. If 72Plymouth dont have any objections, I will post all 16 pages I reckon people could download them by doin a right-click save-as.

Attachments

• Sealing.Seams_Page_04.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Sealing.Seams_Page_14.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 144
-
Back