Where Does This Wire Connect?

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Just posted about this 66 Valiant project. Car has the 225 in it. Car will turn over but doesn't fire. While checking it over, we came across this loose wire. It appears to be the wire off of the coil (see the yellow arrow) since it is rolled in that harness down the side of the head, but I have to admit I do not know where it should connect. There are no other obvious unconnected wires anywhere in the engine bay that we see. Would appreciate any help with this.

IMG_6225.JPG

IMG_6224.JPG

IMG_6226_LI.jpg

I cant tell what color it is..........green is alternator field. ^^As above you can download wiring diagrams and factory service manuals for free from MyMopar

I cant tell what color it is..........green is alternator field. ^^As above you can download wiring diagrams and factory service manuals for free from MyMopar

All of the wires appear to be connected right on the alternator. This loose wire seems to be coming off the coil and following that larger harness that goes to the alternator. Seems strange to have no other obvious place to connect. The oil sender might make sense if I figure out where that is on this engine (I will). I will see if I can get the manual downloaded.

All of the wires appear to be connected right on the alternator. This loose wire seems to be coming off the coil and following that larger harness that goes to the alternator. Seems strange to have no other obvious place to connect. The oil sender might make sense if I figure out where that is on this engine (I will). I will see if I can get the manual downloaded.

Old sender--unless it's missing, is somewhere down near the pan rail near the oil filter. I'm not a slant expert, LOL YET (I have a 74 Scamp /6 in the body prison)

Here check this thread

slant six oil pressure sender is where?

dsc04275-1024x768-jpg.jpg

-
Back