Where goes this piece go?

-

mopar_mudder

Reaction score
Made it to the back of my 1974 Dart Sport restoration. Working on new quarters, wheel tubs and trunk floor. Ordered these truck floor extension end caps a couple of years ago because they say they fit my car. For the life of me I can't see where they would go. Is this a screw up in the listing and they aren't really foe a Dart?

View attachment 1715850430

20220109_141416.jpg

Does it go between the trunk floor extension and tail light panel, right where the quarter panel wraps around the back?

Does it go between the trunk floor extension and tail light panel, right where the quarter panel wraps around the back?
I looked some more and I think you are right, but it is not made right for the 74 Dart. Why is it you have to modify every reproduction part to make it work, really frustrating. As I look some more the 1/4 panels are not made correctly either. At the rear the originals wrap around 90 degrees on to the tail panel. These Repops have a flange that sticks straight out the back instead of being bent 90 degrees to atach to the tail panel.

20220109_142306.jpg

20220109_142237.jpg

I believe that flange on the end of the new quarter is for 70-73 before the shock absorber bumpers to hide the gap.

Well here is the original next to the report. Needs modification to work of course, along with the quarter panel. Some day I hope to put on a body panel that just fits and is made correct, not on this car it doesn't look like.

20220109_160649.jpg

The amd part number is on the package. Don't they have pictures of where the parts go?

I found where it goes, it is just not make correctly as my last pictures shows. Just like the Front inner fenders, firewall, battery tray, rear outer wheel wells, its kind of a joke at this point....oh well keep fixing them.

Oh and by the way if you order the Trunk Floor Extensions do not order the Trunk Floor Extension Brace, they come installed on the Trunk Floor Extension already! Be nice if they gave you that little bit of info. Just to make it more interesting the 1974 apparently doesn't have the extension brace on them either....at least mine did not from the factory.

-
Back