Where to buy 4.09" pistons

-

Catiska

Reaction score
Where to buy forget flat top pistons (plan to run with NOS) for 4.09" bore and 4" stroke. Deck height is normal 340 deck height. Block is X-block. I can easilly found 4.08 and 4.10" bore pistons but not 4.09".

What brand you recommend?

Engine is for street use, i driving with that Duster about 2000km/summer.
Engine data:
LA X block.
Eagle forget crank 4" stroke.
Eagle H-profile rods.
Flat top pistons, 4.09" bore
Hughes cam 260/264 0.050" with .62" lift
Heads flow 304/221cfm with .600" lift
Compresion 11.2:1
Edelbrock fully ported Victor intake
Quick Fuel Q-850AN carb
MSD pro billet distributor. MSD 6AL computer programmable ignition box with MAP sensor

Engine is not yet dynoed. I build engine end of last season. First full power launch i lost rear u-joint of drive shaft. (Brand new drive shaft and joint as well). Fixing and new try.
Second launch and rear axle tubes collapsed under leaf spring supports. Rear end was brand new Strange with 35 spline shafts with Strange HD housing. So I don't have any hp numbers yet...

I hope that someone can follow what i try put on the paper. English is not my strongest point, is so much easier use Finnish language when writing...

Where to buy forget flat top pistons (plan to run with NOS) for 4.09" bore and 4" stroke. Deck height is normal 340 deck height. Block is X-block. I can easilly found 4.08 and 4.10" bore pistons but not 4.09".

What brand you recommend?

Engine is for street use, i driving with that Duster about 2000km/summer.
Engine data:
LA X block.
Eagle forget crank 4" stroke.
Eagle H-profile rods.
Flat top pistons, 4.09" bore
Hughes cam 260/264 0.050" with .62" lift
Heads flow 304/221cfm with .600" lift
Compresion 11.2:1
Edelbrock fully ported Victor intake
Quick Fuel Q-850AN carb
MSD pro billet distributor. MSD 6AL computer programmable ignition box with MAP sensor

Engine is not yet dynoed. I build engine end of last season. First full power launch i lost rear u-joint of drive shaft. (Brand new drive shaft and joint as well). Fixing and new try.
Second launch and rear axle tubes collapsed under leaf spring supports. Rear end was brand new Strange with 35 spline shafts with Strange HD housing. So I don't have any hp numbers yet...

I hope that someone can follow what i try put on the paper. English is not my strongest point, is so much easier use Finnish language when writing...

Any of the top piston manufacturers can make custom pistons for you. I just had a set made by Ross that came out exactly as ordered. I opted for the skirt coatings, but skipped the top of the piston coatings as mine is N/A and no No2. It might be something you are interested in looking at for you application though.

Those initial shock loads will sure find the weak point in your suspension. Are you running a manual trans?

Carbon Fiber drive shafts can cushion shock loads from what I've read, but if you crushed your rear axle tubes on launch, you may have to swap that rear end out too.

What type of traction system do you use on the rear of the car?

Any of the top piston manufacturers can make custom pistons for you. I just had a set made by Ross that came out exactly as ordered. I opted for the skirt coatings, but skipped the top of the piston coatings as mine is N/A and no No2. It might be something you are interested in looking at for you application though.

Those initial shock loads will sure find the weak point in your suspension. Are you running a manual trans?

Carbon Fiber drive shafts can cushion shock loads from what I've read, but if you crushed your rear axle tubes on launch, you may have to swap that rear end out too.

What type of traction system do you use on the rear of the car?

Yes, i runnign with liberty prepped TKO-600 manual transmission with RAM dual clutch.
They rebuild that rear end under warranty. (Local Strange dealer give lifetime warranty even racing use rear ends) Now they did new housing with thicker axle tubes, so it should be fine now.

I have QA1 shocks, Calvert caltracks with monoleafs. 13.5/29" dot slicks.

That's fine. i need ask pistons from few suppliers. BME supplied last pistons for this block. But those pistons are made for shorter stroke, 3.58"...

-
Back