Where to find a good mechanical fan

-

PredaFran

Reaction score
i ordered a clutch to finally finish my cooling system, but i realized that my fan isnt made for the clutch i bought (Hayden 2947). i have a 26in champion CC374 radiator and have a stock fan shroud for a 26in radiator, (opening measured at 22in) i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations or a good place to buy just the fan so i can finally get my car on the road. i looked around and saw mancini racing sold some really expensive fans but they were listed as B/E body so i wanted to get some input from you guys on what would be my best option here.

Dodge trucks at pick & pull are a great cheap source, usually about $10 -15 for a 7 blade. Remember magnum fans spin backwards so you may need to flip those over on if you are building an LA.

Have you looked at bolt clearances on that fan clutch? You will likely run out of swear words installing it. I know I did.

Dodge trucks at pick & pull are a great cheap source, usually about $10 -15 for a 7 blade. Remember magnum fans spin backwards so you may need to flip those over on if you are building an LA.

Have you looked at bolt clearances on that fan clutch? You will likely run out of swear words installing it. I know I did.

There is a useless lip on those clutches that can be machine down to help w/ getting bolts/stud nuts started . Still a little hairy tho------------
Summit racing has fan blades too.

...and possibly knuckle skin.

Summit sells a version made by Derale for about $44. Riveted steel blades heavy duty. I have seen it there in 17", 18", and 19" take your pick. I have 2 of these in 18" along with Hayden clutches. They fit fine on the clutches.

yeah i got a shorter one because i know that the thicker radiator will definitely make me wanna set the fan on fire.
i didnt think of going to a pick a part just because of the heatwave in LA right now.

Summit sells a version made by Derale for about $44. Riveted steel blades heavy duty. I have seen it there in 17", 18", and 19" take your pick. I have 2 of these in 18" along with Hayden clutches. They fit fine on the clutches.
Thank you for this i took a look and found what i was looking for, sadly they seem to be special order only but it definitely helps on putting me in the right track. Thank you

-
Back