Where to get a 904 flexplate

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody make an aftermarket flexplate (B & M, etc.) for a /6-to-904 hookup?

Maybe a small-block flexplate would work????

Any information will be appreciated!

This is for Bill Dedman. :happy10:

As far as I know, there is not an aftermarket "heavy duty" type flexplate available. It is posssible to use a smallblock flexplate, but one crank hole does not lineup. The hole can be slotted, or welded and redrilled. It is off about half the hole diameter. Also, I don't know if there is an aftermarket flexplate available for the early crank (1967 down). The center hole on the early cranks is smaller.

You can see pics here. Scroll down the page.
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=294850#294850

Thank you AGAIN Charrlie_S :happy10: Bill will be glad to see this, I bet he can have one made with the scills I have seen around his place :happy10:

I have an aftermarket 904 flexplate that is SFI approved.It,s twice as thick as a stock one.It has the bigger V8 crank bolt holes.(can,t remember where I got it?)It was either Mancini,s or Coan.Someone here will jump in with a stock one for your needs MeMike(for Bill):toothy10:

He posted this ? in the racers forum and I thought it would get more hits here.
Got to go, Yall have a nice morning, I have a date with a blue eyed blond nurse =P~=P~

Why Thank you 66 mean dart builder 8) I am enjoying a bowl of oat meal before I leave.

Just remember if you make modifications to something with an SFI spec, that will void the SFI rating.

I can supply a stock one, also. I was under the impression he was looking for one for the race car, and wanted something better, then stock.

I can supply a stock one, also. I was under the impression he was looking for one for the race car, and wanted something better, then stock.

As was I. I wonder if one of these companies would make one. I mean the small block one is close. You wouldn't think they'd have to change much. But they'd probably price it like they did.

Thanks, Memike and to all you other guys who provided information. I really appreciate it.

I'm going to do some more research about this, and I'll get back to you.

It's for a race engine, to be sure, but a turbo /6 race motor that will never see much rpm. You don't seem to have to wind these turbo motors up like an eight-day clock to go reasonably fast. 6,000 rpm would be rare... and, never more than that.

I'll get back to you...

Bill

I used a Small block steel crank B&M unit. I forget the #. I had to slot one of the holes to get it to fit. Never could find one with the holes correct. later
Ryan

I used a Small block steel crank B&M unit. I forget the #. I had to slot one of the holes to get it to fit. Never could find one with the holes correct. later
Ryan

Thanks, Ryan.

That looks like the best route to take for this dilemma.

I really appreciate your sharing that with us!

Bill

Thanks to Ryan, I got information that enabled me to order this:
http://www.jegs.com/i/B&M/130/10230/10002/-1

which is a B & M flexplate for a forged crank, internally-balanced, small block, Mopar engine. The crankshaft attachment holes are not a perfect match,but I think I'll only have to slot one of the holes.

I'll keep you all posted on that. The converter attachment holes are in 3 different configurations. One, is a 10"-diameter pattern, and that will fit the attachment holes in our converter. The Jeg's ad says it's for a 727 transmission, but the tech guy at Jeg's said it should work okay with a 904. I can't see why it shouldn't.

Charlie, what do you think?

Bill

I already have a stock one,but I'm apprehensive that it might not be robust enough for the kind of abuse we have planned for this car. As i understand it, the aftermarket flex plates are stronger (thicker) and hopefully will absorb a lot more torque/horsepower before they come apart, so since we wanted to minimize the chances for a drivetrain failure we thought we needed the heavy-duty part.

Thanks for the heads-up!!!!

I already have a stock one,but I'm apprehensive that it might not be robust enough for the kind of abuse we have planned for this car. As i understand it, the aftermarket flex plates are stronger (thicker) and hopefully will absorb a lot more torque/horsepower before they come apart, so since we wanted to minimize the chances for a drivetrain failure we thought we needed the heavy-duty part.

Thanks for the heads-up!!!!

ahhh gotcha.

good luck with it and hope all goes smooth

Thanks. See my note on slant six decal ideas,please.

yeah I seen it, I replied about a half hour ago letting you know that there was already another thread made devoted to me designing slant 6 graphics and i had already made what you proposed and I posted a picture on the thread you just posted on with a example picture for you. check it out

Thanks to Ryan, I got information that enabled me to order this:
http://www.jegs.com/i/B&M/130/10230/10002/-1

which is a B & M flexplate for a forged crank, internally-balanced, small block, Mopar engine. The crankshaft attachment holes are not a perfect match,but I think I'll only have to slot one of the holes.

I'll keep you all posted on that. The converter attachment holes are in 3 different configurations. One, is a 10"-diameter pattern, and that will fit the attachment holes in our converter. The Jeg's ad says it's for a 727 transmission, but the tech guy at Jeg's said it should work okay with a 904. I can't see why it shouldn't.

Charlie, what do you think?

Bill

Bill, pretty sure that one will work. You will have to "slot" one of the crank bolt holes. The outer holes are for the large 727 style converter. The inner circle of hole are for the 904 converter. The smaller 904 holes are for the stock size converter bolts, and the larger dia holes are for the "race" type converter bolts. Most converter manufactures can give you whichever size bolts you wish. I would reccommend have the converter built with the larger bolt size, since you have the provision for this on the flex plate. Opps, just noticed you have the converter, already. I will leave this info in the post for others.
PS: my converters use the small bolts, so it is not a major issue.

Charlie,

Thanks a lot for the good information! I think I may be in bidness, here... I can always depend on you for accurate info. That's great!!!!

I appreciate it.

-
Back