-
Status
Not open for further replies.

murph_44

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey I was just wondering where the best place to order stuff from is price wise and such
I'm looking for new suspesion system i found hotchkis is there anything else?? And was looking to build up my slant six(225) I was looking for intake manifolds, carb, cams and such and what is a good combo?? I'm not looking to do any boring out quite yet that'll be done within time though

Thanks Devon

Might be cheaper in long run to swap to a 318 late model roller motor than to fix up the v6.

i was contemplating that I have one sitting around but I dont wanna go through the rebuild process right now dont have the time for that at the moment later on down the road i might wanna go to a 340 anyway but for the time being I wanna do up the 6 its the matching motor for the car anyway

I would jsut leave it alone and go 340 then, dont waste the money because you might even want to go BB

as for parts in general though is there any good carriers to order from that have a variety of quality good priced products

I,ve had good luck ordering online from both Summit and Jegs.Shipping is abit expensive,but in the end is still way cheaper than buying from any performance shops here in Ontario,Canada.

I,ve had good luck ordering online from both Summit and Jegs.Shipping is abit expensive,but in the end is still way cheaper than buying from any performance shops here in Ontario,Canada.

Guys,

I use Jegs and Summit on occasion, no issues.

I've had good luck with Karbelt Speed and Custom (Pickering, Ontario). They have mail order. They ship same day in most cases. And they are a Canadian company!!!

Google Karbelt Pickering and try their 1-800 number

Ask for Kevin tell him "Al sent you"

sscuda

There's a website called www.slantsix.org, try them, there very good at slant six stuff. I have one in my 68 and they were very helpfull. I would never change my slant, it runs so good it's frightning and has 200k on it. Good luck, Dan.

Finally made the decision to swap out the motor I had a 318 sitting around but I figured it needed to be rebuilt but pops told me that it should run no problem so now I gotta change out my front end whiiiich i already have thanks for all the help any ideas or pointers to a first time swap???

I second the vote for PST for suspension parts and for RockAuto who have great prices on replacement parts and a very informative site although no resto or high performance stuff.I've got hi-po stuff from Summit and had good success and some resto parts from Rocket Restorations in Olympia WA.

As for shipping,have parts from the US sent to Kinek in Blaine and pick them up there.You'll save a ton of money on the shipping and even more on the ripoff brokerage fees you'll get hit with if they ship it through UPS or FedEx into Canada.
Just print off the online reciepts you get when you order then bring those to the border when you bring the stuff in and they'll charge you the normal 12% HST with no problems.

As for your /6 to V8 swap,you'll either have to swap your 6 cyl k-frame for a V-8 one or use adapter motor mounts from Schumacher who are in Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back