Where to put '68 Dart rear window trim clips??

-

Max Wedgie

Reaction score
New ADM quarters were installed on the Dart a few years ago, and it's finally painted and being put back together. Some of the original rear glass trim clip mounting holes have been filled in with epoxy and/or heavy primer. Need to know the approximate locations of the original trim clip holes.
Someone had posted this chart on a previous thread but I cannot find anything for rear glass with a Google search. Anyone have something similar to this that pertains to a Dart?

Thanks for any info!!

windshieldClips.jpg

I have the rear glass trim off my 68 I'll take a couple pics and measure spacing for you later today, Ron

The measurements are center to center, the 3 clips on both sides are spaced out evenly coming off the corners about2 inches
IMG_1219.jpg

Would they have to be 'exact" as long as the trim is properly clipped in it should work even if you are a little off.

Would they have to be 'exact" as long as the trim is properly clipped in it should work even if you are a little off.
I agree they don't have to be exact only area to be aware of are the corners don't put the clips too close to the corners move them out a bit

Also, if there are two pieces across the top with a seam in the middle, don't put a clip right in the middle. Don't know how Darts are, but ran across that on a Barracuda fastback.

Thanks everyone ..they don't have to be exact of course, but don't what the bottom corners of the trim sticking up too high if I put the clips too far away.

If you study a variety of reveal moulding clip patterns, you'll find there is no rocket science to it. First are the clips a couple inches from any corner, curve, or join of 2 pieces. The remainder is equally spaced between those.

-
Back