Where to route rear brake line?

Brakes for your Classic Mopar

1. DrCharles

DrCharles Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:12 PM
    I'm finally working on my '72 big-block Dart again. I originally got the car as a rolling shell so it had no brake lines at all. Now it has an aluminum 2-bolt master cyl. with adapter, '73-up front discs, and 10" drums on the 8-3/4 rear.

I am fabricating all hard lines. The front is fairly easy with a tee, and the rear will run through a proportioning valve which I've mounted on the left fender apron, but I don't remember where the original rear hard line is routed (from the MC to the body bracket above the 8-3/4)...

Looks like it will interfere with the torsion bar crossmember somewhere if I come down the frame rail - does it dip down and around it? Or pass through a hole? Does anyone have a pic or diagram which would help?

thanks
    Charles

2. MuuMuu101

MuuMuu101 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    My friend just did mine a couple months ago and I believe he passes through a hole.

3. mderoy340

mderoy340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:12 PM
    It passes through a hole next to the left torsion bar. There are two holes there. One for the emergency brake cable, and one for the brake line. I added subframe connectors and ran mine on the inside of the driver connector rail.

4. scatpakman

scatpakman FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:12 PM
    Do you have any pics?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.