Where to route rear brake line?

-

DrCharles

Reaction score
I'm finally working on my '72 big-block Dart again. I originally got the car as a rolling shell so it had no brake lines at all. Now it has an aluminum 2-bolt master cyl. with adapter, '73-up front discs, and 10" drums on the 8-3/4 rear.

I am fabricating all hard lines. The front is fairly easy with a tee, and the rear will run through a proportioning valve which I've mounted on the left fender apron, but I don't remember where the original rear hard line is routed (from the MC to the body bracket above the 8-3/4)...

Looks like it will interfere with the torsion bar crossmember somewhere if I come down the frame rail - does it dip down and around it? Or pass through a hole? Does anyone have a pic or diagram which would help?

thanks
Charles

My friend just did mine a couple months ago and I believe he passes through a hole.

It passes through a hole next to the left torsion bar. There are two holes there. One for the emergency brake cable, and one for the brake line. I added subframe connectors and ran mine on the inside of the driver connector rail.

It passes through a hole next to the left torsion bar. There are two holes there. One for the emergency brake cable, and one for the brake line. I added subframe connectors and ran mine on the inside of the driver connector rail.
Do you have any pics?

-
Back