Which caltracs for '71 duster?

-
G

Geoff

Im looking to buy some caltracs for my duster, but there are two sizes:
20" Front Spring Segment, and 22" Front Spring Segment.
Can someone tell me what size I would need? Car has stock spring location and SS springs...8 3/4 if it matters.
thanks,
Geoff

You need the 20" front segment. A-bodies and SS springs have 20" front segments, B&E bodies have 22" front segment. Thats why when you put SS springs on the B&E bodies you need to get the longer front spring hangers.

Thanks hawaiiduster,
Have you by any chance used caltracs? How do you like them?
thanks,
Geoff

I thought SS springs and Caltracs could not be used together. Was I misinformed? :scratch:

That is correct. I am currently using their springs. I still have to get the shocks. From what I have been told Caltracs and SS springs spell DANGER.

What is the reason this combination is dangerous? Is it just rumor, or is this somthing that is known to cause problems? Anything else I can use to gain traction?
thanks,
Geoff

Go straight to the source and ask http://www.calvertracing.com/
There are a few guys out here running them, but I haven't tried them yet. I don't know how dangerous it is to run SS springs with Caltracs, but you're wasting money to get SS springs if you plan on running Caltracs. One of the main pluses for SS springs is increased stiffness in the front segment. I know there are other advantages, but when you use Caltracs what you're doing is basically making the front segment almost solid. Anyway like I said I haven't had a chance to play with a set yet, so I could be totally wrong. But in my opinion it would be a waste of money to buy both. If I had a choice between the two, I would go with the Caltracs.

If I wasn't going to run a 4 link, I'd go with Mono-leafs and caltracs, ALOT of people have had killer results with this setup! :wink:

I know what you mean, it would be a waste of money to buy both, when it would be the same price or cheaper to go with the mono leafs and caltracs. Only problem is that Ive had my ss springs installed for two years, so I want to keep them...im just looking for a way to increase traction on top of the ss springs.

-
Back