Which compressor head

-

BWDart

Reaction score
Got a 60 gal craftsman tank from neighbor head blew for 2nd time [oilless) want to use the 5hp motor with a oil head unit, will build mounts and figure out correct pulleys, how many cfm should I need for body work tools?

20201127_163343.jpg

20201208_093410.jpg

I bought a horizontal version 30 gallon crapsman oilless that was dead, I have a 5 hp briggs powered compressor, was on a set of hot dog tanks that sprung pinholes so I cut the engine mount base off of those and welded it to the formerly oilless powered tank, been using that as my backup or for if I need air on the road for probably 10 years like this. My son has it at his house currently, until he can find a 2 stage upright like mine for his garage

I have the HF 5HP twin cylinder pump on my big outside compressor and it's lasted for over ten years. Just a single stage pump but it rocks right along. You'll need to add a belt drive. No big deal.

I used the harbor freight compressor as well. 3? Years on a 80 gal tank.....

Two points with it.
1. Follow their break in procedure. Seemed to me most complaints were from people who didn't.
2. Get extra oil. I think it was about 3 QTS to fill.....

Forgot to add. Make sure the check valve is working.

With 5 hp you are looking at about 18-20 cfm @125 psig. Beadblast cabinets 20-25 cfm, DA sanders 15-20 cfm. For my stuff these are the biggest air hogs.

-
Back