1. cudaboy 67

cudaboy 67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:14 PM
    Hello all, been having problems and have narrowed down to my ignition, i know is component problem not wiring so im changing my distributor as one on there original equipment single point not elec no idea what it came off <curve etc> but it worked and did me when i first did my b/b conversion. heres my settup, 440ci manual 4 speed 750 vac sec,msd 6a box < that slightly buzzes...mmm> engine stock. is it worth getting a ready to run msd/mallory distributor single point / ballast /coil and doing away with the msd as well? these seem popular, im not interested in drag racing etc just a street car. really do appreciate any input, many thanks, nathan.ps originally a mopar orange box on there.... never again!

2. RustyRatRod

RustyRatRod I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    If the engine is stock, an MSD ignition is a waste of money, IMO. A good stock point type ignition or a stock electronic ignition either one will do a fine job.

3. jerry6

jerry6 Banned

Local Time:
    Just get the Mopar electronic ignition , it's reliable , parts are easy to find when it breaks down .
    When I bought my car it had Petronix electronic ignition , it was reliable as well , but if it broke where would I get the replacement module ? I switched it to Mopar electronic and it ha worked well . Never had problems in the old days as well , it's a simple reliable system .
    What was wrong with the orange box ? Mine has been running for 7,000 miles in 2 years ,no problems , what went wrong with yours ?

4. 1wild&crazyguy

1wild&crazyguy Banned

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    if you are not running vac advance, get the pro billet for $220, great reliable unit.

the mopar performance is a good one too and has the vac canister.

those are the 2 I recommend, only cause I have run both with success.

5. rickstershemi

rickstershemi It's True....I'm Nutz

Local Time:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.