Which exhaust manifold works? Went from 318 to 360. 1970 Duster

-

Dust me once

Reaction score
Last weekend I dropped the new rebuilt 360 in the 70 duster. And thanks for info on motor mount differences I found in forums. The car has power steering and the manifolds I got with the 360 hit power steering box. Trying to stay away from headers. I read somewhere 340 manifolds will work. Anyone know if fact or fiction? What year? Etc.? Any help would be appreciated.

I know my 68 340 had power steering and manifolds. I honestly can’t imagine any a body small block manifold hitting the power steering box. Truck manifolds?

I know my 68 340 had power steering and manifolds. I honestly can’t imagine any a body small block manifold hitting the power steering box. Truck manifolds?
68-70 hp manifolds rt #2863549 left #2863553 72uprt #3418623 left #3614368 you will need the head pipes to match

Last weekend I dropped the new rebuilt 360 in the 70 duster. And thanks for info on motor mount differences I found in forums. The car has power steering and the manifolds I got with the 360 hit power steering box. Trying to stay away from headers. I read somewhere 340 manifolds will work. Anyone know if fact or fiction? What year? Etc.? Any help would be appreciated.
You can save some cash if you get a 73 driver side 340 manifold , and for the passenger side use a 92-96 keep grand Cherokee manifold non smog same outlet size as the 340 actually it's 2 1/8 but pretty close

The ones that came with the 360 "turn down" and go back. The stock 318 ones "turned up" and go back. And from pictures I have seen the 340 ones turn up also. So I,m sure that is why they turn up to miss P.S. box. So I would think they would work.

You can save some cash if you get a 73 driver side 340 manifold , and for the passenger side use a 92-96 keep grand Cherokee manifold non smog same outlet size as the 340 actually it's 2 1/8 but pretty close
Thanks for the heads up. Will keep in mind in my search.

Just bought a set from here 2 weeks ago. Great price too. Your a few weeks late.

If you want to use a stock '70 exhaust system, stick with the 68-70 340 exhaust manifolds.

You know you can also open up the 318 manifolds. Good for a street car.

-
Back