Which Flexplate?

-

gzig5

Reaction score
While the trans was out to be rebuilt I found that my flexplate is bent and needs to be replaced. Internally balanced '71 340 with a 727 TF. I'm going to build the engine next year so may as well get a stronger one. The B&M 10230 looks good but seems some folks have had interference issues with the starter? Recommendations or anything to stay away from?

The B&M's are very good flex plates. I cracked several stock ones. Switched to the B&M and have been using them ever since with no problems. Never heard of anyone having starter interference problems with them. No sure why you would, I believe the OD is the same as stock.

I have been using B&M flex plates for years in both 727 and 904. Never any problem with either one.

B&M flexplates are great for externally balanced engines with torque converter weight issues. On internally balanced steel crank motors, there are only two stock flexplates if you want to go factory. You will have either the 10 inch or the 11 inch. measure your converter and use the correct one. The bolt pattern is the same on big or small block engines and the 4 outside holes are the same on 904 or 727.
flexplatediff.jpg

-
Back