Which intake manifold

-
you could go all european and fit a 38x38 weber DGAS
usually used on 3-3.5 liter ford v6...

there is an adapter used to convert 80s jeep carter BBD manifolds to one of them...presume thats for the 4 litre jeep engine
its not going to be a common set up in the USA as i don't think ford Europe sold many V6 (Europeran Capri like atme ford mustang) Ford capi GTs in the US although they did sell some.

the beatuy of the weber is the setup is all bolt in
the pain of a weber is its far to customisable to just bolt on and go..

36x36 DCD might also be fun....
but then again 3 2 inch SUs or indeed 3 dcoe 40s with 34 mm chokes would turn a torquey motor into a torque monster ideal for ploughing fields or pulling a boat full of bilge up a slip

Last edited:
I saw a stock slant 225 Valiant with a 4412 on a stock modified 2 bbl intake (adapters available to run the 4412 on that manifold) with a shot of 150 nitrous that ran mid 13's. Nitrous is by far the cheapest hp. I've bought complete used kits for $250. Thare is a member here that successfully runs a 225 shot on a stock 170, no internal mods. Save your money, run what you've got, then change it out if you're not happy.

If you really wanna build a wild one, the tunnel ram Aussie Speed makes is killer.

I once saw a Falcon with a 6 cyl engine, where the owner made an intake that took Amal motorcycle carbs, six carbs from memory. It went like really well....

yeah ive seen BMW 6 cylinders runnig mikuni bike carbs great top end bit lack lustre in the lower rpm and you have to really make your own jets a carb that spins a small capcity 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder bike engine to a million rpm is not gonna be jetted well for a 225. and you often need a stub manifold to rubber mount them on.

I supect the best all round would be 3 2 inch SUs or similar dash pot controlled constant depression style carbs
easier to do than webers but still mighty expensive unless you know a 1960s or 70s jaguar junk yard

you only tend to find SUs if us brits sold some cars to you when we had a car industry that wasn't on strike for a decade at a time...

Dave

Too easy.
Try this if you want to pull your hair out.....
Weber 11 2022.jpeg

So long ago but I think mine was a 500 CFM Carter. I did bore out and added forged pistons and a mild cam with headers. The neat thing about the carter was the ability to change jets accordingly based on what your engine needs and tunes best to.

Image (3).jpg

So long ago but I think mine was a 500 CFM Carter. I did bore out and added forged pistons and a mild cam with headers. The neat thing about the carter was the ability to change jets accordingly based on what your engine needs and tunes best to.

View attachment 1716029018
How long ago, & where did it go? That air filter assy.'s worth it's weight in gold with the Pentastar hold-down nut.

We are talking late 80's early 90s. While my Dart is long gone, my buddy Stan (hyper_pak) found my old intake and it's stored safely in the attic if I ever get my hands on another Dart :)

This is the planned 4bbl induction for My K6 pt.III, capable of delivering~360hp or so, now it's up to Me to build a Slanty to push it a little.
20230130_184856.jpg

I am guessing the 4131 AFB would be under 500cfm. I have seen them go cheap at swap meets. I got lucky and bought a MP M-1. I had an Offy, and a Clifford with the humps for nitrous or EFI bungs. Sold them both in hard times. I know I have a iron super six intake out there in the shop. IIRC the Offy is a better street intake over the Clifford.

-
Back