Which roller rockers?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The Mopar P5249579 uses a special offset intake rocker. Question can anyone tell me the amount of off set I've heard .450 and .650? Who makes a set for these heads?

these heads can be use on a "B" motor with "RB" intake or on a "RB" motor with spacer P5249189. the rockers are P4976440 and P4876441 and can be had from mopar or your friendly mopar parts website.

That is what I plan on. 470 low deck stroker with STR-14 and 2 750 carters to run in Nss class. I'm looking for a complete set of roller rockers, I wrote Harland Sharpe and I'm waiting for a reply. Thanks

Not to hi-jack, but got a question. You read all these different things about needle bearings on different sites, books etc., some saying they are great and some saying to run for the hills, who/what do you believe? I know that application is everything here, but I have read in more than a few spots that even in a drag car needles can be a problem. And I now that is a broad statement, as not all needle bearing rockers are the same. Last couple of hot rods had stud mounted rockers (Small Block Ford). Sorry for the mini hi-jack....

Not to hi-jack, but got a question. You read all these different things about needle bearings on different sites, books etc., some saying they are great and some saying to run for the hills, who/what do you believe? I know that application is everything here, but I have read in more than a few spots that even in a drag car needles can be a problem. And I now that is a broad statement, as not all needle bearing rockers are the same. Last couple of hot rods had stud mounted rockers (Small Block Ford). Sorry for the mini hi-jack....

That is a valid questions. IMO it boils down to quality. I ran Harland Sharpe rockers on my 71 BB Scamp for four years until I sold the motor to a buddy of mine who is still running them. I ran HS rockers on my Super Gas Barracuda for years and never had a problem. The old saying "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" couldn't apply more to Roller Rockers. I believe in them.

I'm going to try the PRW Stainless on my Indy headed 470, hell they have used them in mopar muscle engine building contest pulls. I have call several builders featured and they have all gave me the thumbs-up.

Rockers is one area I won't cut corners on. I'll go with Harland Sharpe more than likely. On muscle engine builds and contest they really aren't put to the test as far as long term.

If you run those heads on a low deck block, don't you need to use the STR-15 tall
deck intake base for proper alignment? The raised ports of these heads mate up
to a tall deck intake on a low deck block.

If you run those heads on a low deck block, don't you need to use the STR-15 tall
deck intake base for proper alignment? The raised ports of these heads mate up
to a tall deck intake on a low deck block.

Your right but the 440 uses the STR-14. The STR-15 is for the low deck.

-
Back