which way does flexplate attach?

-

73dodge

Reaction score
I have a b&m externally balanced flexplate for a 360 to 904. which way does the recessed side face? any pics? also what are the bolts torqued to?

The way it goes would suggest or appear as if those bolts to torque converter will hit the block. They do run very close. I dont have a torque spec for those bolts to crank or TQ.
Check the thickness of that flexplate and the length of torque converter bolts very closely. If the bolts are too long and dimple the converter shell behind those welded nut blocks this can damage the troque converter internally.

Flywheel Cover Bolt 7 1/4-20
Flywheel Housing to Block Bolt 50 7/16-14
Flywheel to Crankshaft Bolt 55 7/16-20 this should be you?

Make sure the bolts are clean and the above 55 should be good to go.

For Stock bolts

Here is a pic of the B&M external balanced flex I just put on my 360 for a 727 I bolted up about two weeks ago. Hope this helps somewhat. The larger flat part of the plate is closer to the block. Mine said in small stamped letters (hard to see almost) "engine side" on the side that goes toward the block. I used ARP bolts with locktite also.

SANY0089.JPG

Here is a pic of the B&M external balanced flex I just put on my 360 for a 727 I bolted up about two weeks ago. Hope this helps somewhat. The larger flat part of the plate is closer to the block. Mine said in small stamped letters (hard to see almost) "engine side" on the side that goes toward the block. I used ARP bolts with locktite also.

I am going to be doing this same thing soon and I think your pic helps, at least for me.

thanks for the response, i just saw for myself that it has engine side stamped on the flexplate. duh!

-
Back