Which way out

-

Holy Roller

Reaction score
Can anyone with a 67-69 barracuda with a big block. Tell me which side the water pump housing outlet is on. Or if one side is easier to access than the other. Thank you

Your talking lower hose (inlet) outlet is on top, My buddy's 67 notch has a RB 500 cu in is on the passenger side and blocks the timing marks, MP aluminum housing.

The bottom hose is on the left side . The top- hose is in the center but goes to the right side . All BB's have their outlet in the middle , SB too . BB 'Cudas should have a 22"x 17/17 1/2" core rad. with the inlet on the left and the outlet on the right .

Your talking lower hose (inlet) outlet is on top, My buddy's 67 notch has a RB 500 cu in is on the passenger side and blocks the timing marks, MP aluminum housing.
Your right, the inlet...I'm putting a 383 in mine and I'm having to piece it together.

The bottom hose is on the left side . The top- hose is in the center but goes to the right side . All BB's have their outlet in the middle , SB too . BB 'Cudas should have a 22"x 17/17 1/2" core rad. with the inlet on the left and the outlet on the right .
Ok, so that's drivers side by the oil filter and steering box.

440 source makes both, I'm not a fan of 440 source but they do have some nice stuff

2001038.jpg

2001079.jpg

Yeah, I have been looking at those. Mainly for looks, but it would be nice if it were beneficial to the cooling system too.

Which side the inlet to the water pump housing is on would depend on the year motor, or at least the year of the water pump housing. The original housing inlets in 67-69 cars was on the left side. They moved to the right side in the early 70's (don't remember the exact year). My 67 Barracuda has a 77 400 in it, and the lower hose inlet to the water pump housing is on the right side.

I like it over there as there isn't as much over there to interfere with it.

Which side the inlet to the water pump housing is on would depend on the year motor, or at least the year of the water pump housing. The original housing inlets in 67-69 cars was on the left side. They moved to the right side in the early 70's (don't remember the exact year). My 67 Barracuda has a 77 400 in it, and the lower hose inlet to the water pump housing is on the right side.

I like it over there as there isn't as much over there to interfere with it.
My engine came out of a 66 charger and my 68 cuda had a 340 from the factory. The 383 didn't have the housing on it when I bought it. And my cuda didn't have a radiator. So I'm trying to figure out which side housing to buy. I too thought there would be less clutter on the right side. I know 440 source has some. I guess you could get the radiator to come out on either side.

I think that's how I'm going to do mine to. Probably going to get an aluminum housing from 440 source.

If u do , check it against a stock cast iron pump, a little clean up may be nessessary, the hole most likely too.

?????
Thank you for the advice, is there another brand that is good.
?don't really know , I bought mine off ebay and cleaned the inside up---------
Also milled 1/4'' off it to make up for the 1/4'' motor plate.

the 2 u r showing is one b and c body other is motor home. a work motor as a irrigation pump. simple open ur pocket up. spend .u 2 guys have seen all the diff possabilites. . sell what u have and buy a mopar correct.

or change radiator. u have shown all no more water pump housings. find a rv place salvage or to save $

or change radiator. u have shown all no more water pump housings. find a rv place salvage or to save $

I have the original water pump housing off of a 1967 Chrysler 440 setting on the bench. I glass beaded it and painted it about 8? yrs ago, then went with an alum. housing. The lower hose is drivers side, in perfect shape if anyone needs one -

-
Back