While At The Junkyard

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday while at the junkyard yesterday pulling the driver’s door off a 66 Valiant 2 door sedan, I also spotted the familiar front end of a 65 Dart through the weeds. So I took a look after I was finished with the Valiant’s door. She’s a 65 Dart 270 2 door hardtop with a 273 2 barrel. I was able to pull a 6 blade fan which I’m assuming was for the heavy duty cooling. Also snagged the upper door trim which is the same trim as the 64/65 (maybe 66) Barracuda and Signets. She’s sitting pretty low in the ground so it’s need to be raised to get the drop link and gas pedal assembly which I’m sure someone needs. Someone was looking for the 270 rear quarter window trim (thinner than the GT trim). It still had the 2 barrel V8 emblems on the fenders. Bumpers looked to be in good shape as did the grill. Candy canes were trashed as usual. When I go back sometime in the fall, maybe I can snag some of this stuff.

:mob:- We want pictures, We want pictures, lol lol:popcorn:

If I hadn’t left my phone at home - Grrrr - I would have had pics. I promise I’ll have them next time!

Wow, a junkyard that has stuff that old? None around here....

I saw an old DeSoto - around mid to later 40’s it looked like. There’s probably more older ones.

Sweet! :thumbsup: Maybe get the motor mounts if you can. :)

Good idea! I’ll add them to the list I started.

I know where a couple are but they are old and overgrown. Definitely have to wait for cooler weather. Snakes don't bother me but I'm too old to outrun wasps anymore. :eek::D

This place is definitely overgrown. Am definitely itely going to wait till it gets cooler!

I’m too old for all of it....

I’m gonna be 74 in October - never too old!

When I first got my Barracuda, I didn't know the value of any parts. There was an old '64 in a junk yard I used to go to and kicking myself for all the parts I didn't get off it. They scrapped it the next visit I went back. Wasted opportunity.

In talking to the yard owner he said he hasn’t crushed anything in a long time and wouldn’t even think of crushing any of the old stuff. A part from this old car or that old car adds up after a bit (and he’s got a pretty good handle on what stuff is worth.

In talking to the yard owner he said he hasn’t crushed anything in a long time and wouldn’t even think of crushing any of the old stuff. A part from this old car or that old car adds up after a bit (and he’s got a pretty good handle on what stuff is worth.
Place I was at was a commercial lot, so they didn't give a rats ### about anything.

Snakes and bees don't bug me. I hate CHIGGARS.

I'm in the market for new right and left side grills and headlight bezels it you are able to pull those off and ship them to Colorado. It would be worth atleast a couple hundred bucks if you can get them cheap enough to make a profit I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Yesterday while at the junkyard yesterday pulling the driver’s door off a 66 Valiant 2 door sedan, I also spotted the familiar front end of a 65 Dart through the weeds. So I took a look after I was finished with the Valiant’s door. She’s a 65 Dart 270 2 door hardtop with a 273 2 barrel. I was able to pull a 6 blade fan which I’m assuming was for the heavy duty cooling. Also snagged the upper door trim which is the same trim as the 64/65 (maybe 66) Barracuda and Signets. She’s sitting pretty low in the ground so it’s need to be raised to get the drop link and gas pedal assembly which I’m sure someone needs. Someone was looking for the 270 rear quarter window trim (thinner than the GT trim). It still had the 2 barrel V8 emblems on the fenders. Bumpers looked to be in good shape as did the grill. Candy canes were trashed as usual. When I go back sometime in the fall, maybe I can snag some of this stuff.

I'm in the market for new right and left side grills and headlight bezels it you are able to pull those off and ship them to Colorado. It would be worth atleast a couple hundred bucks if you can get them cheap enough to make a profit I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Me and a helper pulled the doors and B pillars off a 66 Valiant 2 door sedan. It still had the grilled but can’t remember what shape they were in. I needed another door which came from a different 2 door Valiant sedan but no grille. I still need to go back and get some stuff from the 65 Dart so will check the grilles on that other Valiant.

Good luck on the next trip.
Let me know if you have any luck finding good condition side grills and bezels.

THANKS

Me and a helper pulled the doors and B pillars off a 66 Valiant 2 door sedan. It still had the grilled but can’t remember what shape they were in. I needed another door which came from a different 2 door Valiant sedan but no grille. I still need to go back and get some stuff from the 65 Dart so will check the grilles on that other Valiant.

Man, we have one good one for old cars and nothing else. All the other ones sold the good stuff when scrap was high in the early 2000’s. At least I got the emblems off a lot of the cool stuff ha

-
Back