White Smoke from the Exhaust Pipe Near Engine Block

-

zmarty27

Reaction score
Just finished installing a recently rodded-out radiator, a new water pump, new transmission fluid filter and fluid, and added two gallons of coolant. Given, the car has sat for nearly 2 months, what could be the issue here? Temp gauge reading below average and I double checked my belts to make sure they weren’t rubbing. Any guesses from the pros? I’m pretty well stumped. Afraid to get it down the road.

That leaves a lot to the imagination. Exhaust is on driver side, trans dipstick on passenger side. So it either smells like burning coolant or burning atf. Is there something puddling under car?

That leaves a lot to the imagination. Exhaust is on driver side, trans dipstick on passenger side. So it either smells like burning coolant or burning atf. Is there something puddling under car?
Other than the mess I made getting the transmission pan off, no new drips that I can see.

Updated...Didnt notice you said smoke near engine, was thinking tailpipe when I wrote this below, but sounds more like an external water leak.

The White smoke could be burning antifreeze mix, it will smell sweet...
Or burning ATF, (not a potent sweet smell). Easier to rule out ATF,
Pull the vacume line off the Trans Modulator valve, if is wet with ATF, the diagram is blown and sucking fluid into the engine.
If not?
Gotta look into how the coolant is getting to the combustion chamber.

Last edited:
Trans modulator vacuum Line? Isn’t this a mopar forum?

white smoke is generally water.

Some of the bolts for the water pump need sealant otherwise they will weep. The weep could be blowing back and hitting something hot i.e. exhaust.

Temp gauge reading different could be air pockets from the fluid change.

-
Back