Who can recommend a good extended warranty company

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an extended warranty in the future for my 2018 2500 4x4 CTD crew Laramie Longhorn. I don't want to spend good money only to find out when I need it that it's no good. I only have 3500 miles on it now but I'm trying to be pro active here. Thanks in advance for your help.

Be careful, I've heard of a lot of extended warranty scammers out there.

It's my opinion these warranties are companies that are out to make a profit LOL like all companies. It usually ends up where you're paying more than the repair would have ever cost. I mean really think about it can people guarantee a losing battle and make money? just like your regular car insurance I mean how much have we paid into that over the years and if we get into an accident how much of that would we actually get back? I think your best bet is to find out how much it would cost per month and start putting that away in a savings account. Then your money will make interest for you. and if you never need it then all that money is yours. And if you need a repair that cost more than what you saved I would imagine after about four or five years it wouldn't be much more. I mean it's obvious no one's going to guarantee tires or brakes or service work except for the original dealer. My-2...

Roy, have you thought of calling your auto insurance carrier? Some carriers themselves offer warranties, or at the very least they can point you in a good direction.

Roy, I don't have any personal experiance, but have heard of real horror stories. Everything I read, says dealer ones are the way to go, if you really want a extended warrentee. Most of the ads you see on TV, are not from the companies, themselves, but are brokers. So if you go thru one of them, ask what company they are going to place you with. Then check out that company.
Here is a place to start reading. The Best Extended Car Warranties of 2019 | Reviews.com

No I'm not. But thanks.
Also the ones through the credit Unions I believe are all the same. So if you belong to any credit union I would call them. I retired from a Chrysler and Nissan Dealership. Back then the Chrysler warranty was good but that was before Fiat. We also sold JM&A and never had a problem with a claim.

Well how bout this. ...I ordered a 2015 shaker rt challenger from a local dealership after alot of thought . I bought the full mopar warranty with it. Basically its fully covered as long as I own it. Guess what. .....the way things are today no-one has any pride or cares about anything but just doing the absolute minimum to get by. I actually had a D11 status priority build for my challenger. Awesome freekin thing. When they delivered it the carrier driver dinged the door. They actually tried to touch it up and not tell me. Anyhow after 2 weeks and 3xs trying to fix it they oversprayed the whole car and its worse than it was with the ding. I have to go through mopar complaint Department and its still not fixed. Wthe...I dunno. Its hard to find people who have pride in what they do anymore. So...i tried and thought i could prevent a problem and ended up with a nightmare. Find a good mechanic and stick with him. Hes worth the money.

This is the only one I have of it.

2018 4x4 CTD.jpg

My old one was 6 months old. I bought a 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 crew Hemi. Thought I was done with 3/4 ton diesels. I wasn't,didn't like that truck. Happy now. My 07 4x4 CTD quad cab I sold outright.

-
Back