Who drinks Malt Liquor?

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
My son brought home a bottle of King Cobra because I told him it was terrible. Man, I was right! Its like a syrupy beer with a chemical aftertaste. I used to drink Red Horse "Extra Strong Beer" 750ml overseas but I don't recall it tasting like this as its marketed as a 'malt liquor' here. Maybe its the same and because that's all I drank I got used to it? I'm not a fan anymore.
7552190_orig.jpg

6% ABV OR BETTER. The alcohol is jacked up with more fermentable sugars it increase the ABV.

Used to drink Mickey’s malt liquor in college-it was cheap in 40 ounce bottles. Still have a few every year.

I think I made a few of these disappear back in my wilder days.

View attachment 1715918176
fun fact: Colt 45 was named after running back #45 Jerry Hill of the 1963 Baltimore Colts and not the .45 caliber handgun ammunition round. The credited name change came because of malt liquor’s association with violence in disenfranchised neighborhoods (off the Pabst website and wiki)
Billie Dee Williams, "Works every time.."

Damn, Now I gotta finish this 40....wish me luck!

Picture 2022-04-26 16-47-21.png

Last edited:
Back in my 2nd year of college, one of my roommates acquired a Billy D Williams Colt 45 beer sign. So we drank colt 45 two or three times, it wasn't very good. Around that time I would also drink Micky's which were also crappy. Overall, they are **** beers and I was never into 40s
s-l400.jpg

This is the sign we had in our living room in Isla Vista. That might explain why we were single

**** is SO FKN EXPENSIVE where I live.. and the arthritis that comes with age/working 25 yrs with your hands... its st pauly girl/becks brewed by the 1516 purity law for me.
No more swollen knuckles that dont bend and the wallet gets a break @11.99 12 pack

Fk it. Its beer.

Back in my 2nd year of college, one of my roommates acquired a Billy D Williams Colt 45 beer sign. So we drank colt 45 two or three times, it wasn't very good. Around that time I would also drink Micky's which were also crappy. Overall, they are **** beers and I was never into 40s
View attachment 1715918208
This is the sign we had in our living room in Isla Vista. That might explain why we were single
Isla Vista/Goleta...I bet they were .89 a piece downtown! That place (UCSB) was crazy on the weekends and all the beer was cheap at the liquor store. Half way through the last 32oz and i must admit, it either flat or very smooth. Ill admit it a lot colder that it was when he brought it home.

**** is SO FKN EXPENSIVE where I live and the arthritis with age... st pauly girl/becks brewed by the 1516 purity law is what I've been drinkin. No swollen knuckles that dont bend and the wallet gets a break @11.99 12 pack
You taught me something. Never heard of the Purity Law. Water, barley, and hops. I should try that. Or at least try Irish and scotch. (no corn and rye) My knees, hops and feet have been killing me lately. Been drinking a lot of Bourbon lately.

You taught me something. Never heard of the Purity Law. Water, barley, and hops. I should try that. Or at least try Irish and scotch. (no corn and rye) My knees, hops and feet have been killing me lately. Been drinking a lot of Bourbon lately.
Yep it's true.... the yeast.

don't don't forget Roundup and formaldehyde
That's funny you mention formaldehyde: We (B. Co, USMC, Subic Bay, PI) used to get trashed on Red Horse (that's all Marines drank there) the night before a 5 mile company run and during the run guys would drop out puking just to get right back in the formation..and the smell of our sweat was ....formaldehyde? Weirdest thing, but we were all 18-19 years old and bulletproof so we just kept going. Try that today and I would die. Damn, this King Cobra is going down easy.....WTH?

I can't even touch alcohol anymore due to health issues. Energy drinks and coffee took their place. My wallet isn't complaining
watch those energy drinks! I had a buddy who's doctor told him NO MORE! He was a 2 red bulls a day guy.

watch those energy drinks! I had a buddy who's doctor told him NO MORE! He was a 2 red bulls a day guy.
My son brought home a bottle of King Cobra because I told him it was terrible. Man, I was right! Its like a syrupy beer with a chemical aftertaste. I used to drink Red Horse "Extra Strong Beer" 750ml overseas but I don't recall it tasting like this as its marketed as a 'malt liquor' here. Maybe its the same and because that's all I drank I got used to it? I'm not a fan anymore.
View attachment 1715918162

Hence the word "horse" as in urine !

-
Back