Who drinks Malt Liquor?

-
Old English '800'...get it while you can is its been discontinued. (Drinking HALF A 24 NOW, split one with my son as he has to drive home tonight). Magnum and Henry Weinhardts, as well as Steel Reserve 211...done. Looks like Milwaukee's Best Premium is done too, but I don't recall seeing it as Premium? Falstaff is long gone. Molson Coors Discontinues 11 Beers Including Keystone Ice and Milwaukee's Best Premium

How I remembered it in high school
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FI3MAAOSwJN1e8QkF%2Fs-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Back when Schmutz Malt Likker came out it was quite good. Smooth and creamy with a kick.
Then they changed it and it became just a cheap ghetto beer.

"Don't let the smoove taste fool ya." Fred "The Hammer Williams.

As for Falstaff, it also was a good beer which outsold Bud in St. Louis until Gussie Busch bought the baseball Cardinals and banned Falstaff from the stadium.. It also changed for the worse. When I was 3 or 4 we lived directly behind the Falstaff HQ.
Milwaukee's Beast started putting, "premium" on the label it differentiate it from Light and Ice.

Last edited:
Hurricane...high gravity. "Catagory 5" 8.1%. Gotta be COLD! Taste like beer until you let up and then you can taste the burn. I never had more malt liquor in my life until I made this thread.....Brewed by Anheuser Busch.
20220430_205610.jpg

Southern new England in Rhode Island was Narragansett Brewers and they made green monsters Haffenreffer in 40 oz bottles. Used to get two of those each and some green cigarettes and we were set :thumbsup:. We tooled around in a 73 Polara 360 cruising back roads listening to rock music. Great times. Miss that car. My buddy was well versed spinning it around on a slick road catching it and driving off and never hit anything!
Old green death! It was around until 5-10 years ago.

I'm more of a Stout fan. Home brew is best. Sticky Wicket Oatmeal Stout and Chocolate Orange Stout are my 2 best.

Stickey Wicket Oatmeal Stout 12-2020.jpg

That's funny you mention formaldehyde: We (B. Co, USMC, Subic Bay, PI) used to get trashed on Red Horse (that's all Marines drank there) the night before a 5 mile company run and during the run guys would drop out puking just to get right back in the formation..and the smell of our sweat was ....formaldehyde? Weirdest thing, but we were all 18-19 years old and bulletproof so we just kept going. Try that today and I would die. Damn, this King Cobra is going down easy.....WTH?
What? Oh yeah! Semper Fi Baby! We ran, we puked, we kept running. Boots and a war belt! Three miles in 18 minutes!

That's funny you mention formaldehyde: We (B. Co, USMC, Subic Bay, PI) used to get trashed on Red Horse (that's all Marines drank there) the night before a 5 mile company run and during the run guys would drop out puking just to get right back in the formation..and the smell of our sweat was ....formaldehyde? Weirdest thing, but we were all 18-19 years old and bulletproof so we just kept going. Try that today and I would die. Damn, this King Cobra is going down easy.....WTH?
Something you need to remember, and I didn't realize this until I got into brewing and studied distilling. Brewing and wine making leave all the nasties in the juice. When distilling, chemicals like Acetaldehyde, Acetone, Esters, and Methanol are in the foreshots and heads and are usually removed. The heads are next and are the good part. Ethanol. What we all want. Now comes the Tails. Chemicals like Propanol, Butyl Alcohol, Isobutyl Carbinol, Fusel Alcohols, Acetic Acids, and Furfural are in that mix and most of that are removed as well. (I had to look those up. Some I can't even pronounce. LOL) Now, that's what happens with distilling, the nasties are taken out in the process. With beer and wine making, all those chemicals stay in the finished product because the wash or mash is not distilled in the beermaking process or wine making process. Headaches and hangovers? Look up some of those chemicals and see why. @Sublime one

3 mile runs: 17:40 in 1st boot camp PFT and 17:30 in final PFT in Sasebo, Japan. All the others were 19:xx and hung the F over. We ran one in boots and utes! 19:50...Dunno who's idea that was but I passed my 'Recon' CO 500 yards before the finish line. Hangovers? I thought they were your brain being dehydrated, shrinking and pulling away from your skull....or at least they feel that way.
@toolmanmike ..I aint gonna remember that.

3 mile runs: 17:40 in 1st boot camp PFT and 17:30 in final PFT in Sasebo, Japan. All the others were 19:xx and hung the F over. We ran one in boots and utes! 19:50...Dunno who's idea that was but I passed my 'Recon' CO 500 yards before the finish line. Hangovers? I thought they were your brain being dehydrated, shrinking and pulling away from your skull....or at least they feel that way.
@toolmanmike ..I aint gonna remember that.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: me neither

Used to drink Mickey’s malt liquor in college-it was cheap in 40 ounce bottles. Still have a few every year.
I haven't had a Mickeys in years but I liked the light skunky taste. I can only drink gluten free (GF) beer for many years now and haven't found any skunky GF beer.
Jerry

Can get Keystone light 15pk for $8 here. Many say it's Coors light in a blue can.....fact? A few Coors tour goers say they are the same beer marketed differently. One says Coors light is aged then bottled, keystone is not. Who knows?

Genesee? ....$1.50 for a 24oz tall can at Grocery Outlet, a cut rate store that sells almost expired food. Had both, I think I like the BEER better, but both will do.
1705542559473.png

1705542586573.png

If you're buying the Fireball at convenience stores, it's malt liquor not whiskey. Same for the other "drinks" displayed. Manufacturers found a loophole and are selling them as whiskey, when in fact they are malt liquor.

Seems like the standard I remember was a 40 0z colt and a blunt.

Shlitz Malt Liquor = "The Bull".

Colt 45 = "The Hammer".

Mickey's is probably the least offensive IMO.

Old English 800 was a favorite of the punk crowd.

If we're gonna go into "cream ales", then I nominate Cincinnati based "Little Kings".

My glorious misspent youth was peppered with those things.

Back in my post high school days me and my buddy would drink it. We bought Mickeys several cases at a time. Another one was old english "OE". That stuff tasted like what you imagine cologne would taste like. It made Mickeys seem like a premium beer, some really nasty crap.

-
Back