Who else have problem with whitepunkonnitro?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperStock

Reaction score
This is second time I have problem with whitepunkonnitro. I do this for all my fellow FABO.

1) The 1st time, I posted in FABO Wanted section, looking for 11.75 caliper bracket. whitepunkonnitro responded said he has a pair from C-body; because other members only have good thing to say about him I supposed he know C-body caliper will work for A-body spindles. I sent him PayPal gift. Turn on the bracket does fit A-body spindles. I PM asked for return, here the thing start to get worse. His responded is:

"You did ask for 11.75 brackets, didn't you? That size is a C body, so that is what I sent.
Do you want the spindles that would go along with those caliper brackets? They are the same ones that circle track guys use on their A Bodies.
Tony"

Finally he accept the return, but I have to paid the shipping.

2) The 2nd time, today. I posted wanted ads for A833 bearing retainer last week. whitepunkonnitro respond right away said he has it. I asked him whether the bearing retainer use-able, any crack? He said "No cracks, just clean it up and go.". I paid his asking price. Today I got the retainer, there are cracks on the retainer-tube, both side. The ugly thing is the retainer have some impertinent grease on it (what I mean is someone applied these grease later, it does match the condition of the retainer).

I will make a claim with PayPal, because this 2nd time I dont use PayPal gift, I want to post here to help my fellow member because I see the pattern. Im sure many other just like me, dont have much time for such troublesome.

I will take screenshot of PM and post on later.

paying the return shipping seems fair enough for a non- defective part that was simply something you didn't want to use after all....most parts dealers would charge a "re-stocking" fee.

Did you at least message him on the bearing retainer?

I never bought anything from him, but did 'deal' with him. I asked specific questions about an item and he said he was not able to provide what I needed. Very professional response. For the first item it sounds like you were specific as to what you wanted and he supplied it. Not his job to know what every buyer needs and lots of non-Abody parts change hands on here. Not good that he sent a bad part on second item. But, Doesn't sound like you gave him a chance to correct it yet.

did he tell you the bracket would fit the spindle?

the retainer is definitely a piece of junk

1) The 1st time, I posted in FABO Wanted section, looking for 11.75 caliper bracket. whitepunkonnitro responded said he has a pair from C-body; because other members only have good thing to say about him I supposed he know C-body caliper will work for A-body spindles. I sent him PayPal gift. Turn on the bracket does fit A-body spindles. I PM asked for return, here the thing start to get worse. His responded is:

sounds like you knew from the beginning they were C-body ......some guys will use them on A-bodies but he has no way of knowing what your going to do with your car.

The bearing retainer is another story but if you didn't message him first then this thread is useless

I probably didn't have my glasses on when I grabbed that retainer off the shelf.
If you had messaged me about it, there would already be another on the way.
I got nothing else to say.

in defence of Tony alias whitepunkonnitro, he has treated me great, and i'm sure he will make good on the retainer no doubt, sounds like the c body thing was not his fault.
we all appreciate heads up on a bad parts dealer, BUT ... Tony is a great vendor on FABO....... IMO.

I bought from him. No problems at all. Well respected seller/ FABO member. give him a chance, he'll do you right.

Are those 73+ spindles you tried putting the brackets on or pre 73? I've never tried it so I don't know but I always thought the brackets bolted right to the 73+ spindles. Am I wrong here guys?

I have bought several things from him and it has always been great. I asked him about a heater cable clip and he sent one from a 73+ car and I needed one for a 70, he kindly sent the correct one free of charge.

Sounds like the 1st was a miscommunication and the second, he clearly already said he would make good on.

I don't see any fault here by Tony, he said he would make the bearing retainer good, and he sold you what you ask for.......

Always had honest, informed business with Tony. I would purchase from him without hesitation. Everyone makes mistakes give him a break. Good guy.

sounds like you knew from the beginning they were C-body ......some guys will use them on A-bodies but he has no way of knowing what your going to do with your car.

The bearing retainer is another story but if you didn't message him first then this thread is useless

Are those 73+ spindles you tried putting the brackets on or pre 73? I've never tried it so I don't know but I always thought the brackets bolted right to the 73+ spindles. Am I wrong here guys?

C-bodies do indeed have 11.75" brakes, but they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the 11.75" brakes that came on the later B/R body cars. So, while technically they are both 11.75" brakes, the similarities end right there.

The B/R body 11.75" rotors are interchangeable with 73+ A body spindles and calipers, as well as the F/M/J spindles and calipers. All you need is the 11.75" rotors and a set of 11.75" B/R body caliper brackets.

C-bodies use different spindles, and the C-body caliper brackets will not interchange, the bolt spacing is different. Which is a good thing, because the C-body 11.75 rotors are also thicker, and use different calipers. C-body spindles and brakes are their own thing, they don't interchange with A/B/E/F/M/J/R body spindles or brakes.

And I've bought parts from Tony a few times, never had a problem with him or the parts he sold me.

Ive dealt with him in person on several occasions. He has always been excellent. Even gave me a couple of seatbelt bolts I needed when I was picking up another part.

OK, this ding dong not only started this thread but also filed a PayPal claim before he messaged me about the problem with the retainer, (Which, BTW he only received a few hours ago)
For the record, I will not be sending him another retainer AND he can get his refund through PayPal after they go through their claims process.
Would anyone out there like a completely free 4.35 Bearing Retainer?

Tony just gave me a great deal on some parts a couple weeks ago. Very fair guy...

I have dealt with Tony several times and had no problem with his products or prices. Met him in person easy to get along with.

And Tony is a fountain of information regarding A bodies which he will freely share. To bad it went down this way. I do think a bit of restraint on the part of the OP would have been helpful for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back