Who had a homemade mask made

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The wife broke out the sewing machine and made some protection. Anyone else? Not funny but reality!

Post them up.

0551BCD0-EFF0-4F6F-A4AD-CA47365FAA52.jpeg

Random tip.

If you use bra cups, you have a matching pair.

like i mentioned before, my wife works at a doctors office

a local church group has made several dozen of these masks, that they wear over their N95s to extend the life of the N95

the wife brings all the ones they wore that day home, i wash em and they go back the next day

now, something they noticed is that after several wash cycles, these home made masks shrink, and pull on their ears

so one of the girls made head bands for all of them with a large button on each side (the masks then go over the buttons, instead of the ears)

I friens of my pops is making them for first responders and gave us 2. They have removable filters and are washable( not the filter part.) I think im gonna send mine to my cousins wife who is a trauma nurse.
Lord knows she needs it more than i do.

20200406_172732_zps6jgdaien.jpg

Inside you can see the N95 cloth.

20200406_172747_zpszu3vbh9d.jpg

Last edited:
@Dave NEO Wrong place to post that. Please delete that so it doesn't take this off track. This is not what the topic is about. Take that to N&P.
This is about what we can can do to help with reducing the spread.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wife is making about 3 a day. She is not furloughed like me and takes her lunch time and afterward to make some with material on hand! I applaud her and all the others doing this, for trying to help!

She is stitching a coffee filter in the middle. May work or may not.

Last edited:
My wife has sewn some up with a pocket design to hold filter material - we're using HEPA furnace filter media for the filter.

233AD949-0CDF-48A9-BBE4-93F40808D121.jpeg
7993BF31-6465-4337-8030-41A78C4DB771.jpeg
My wife had finally been using that sewing machine I bought her some years ago. She’s been making the ones with the pocket to add additional filtering if necessary. I guess she whatched a YouTube video, she’s made 11 already. It’s giving her purpose, lifts her spirits.

No one uses coffee filters anymore Right! Never a coffee drinker but The wife switched to Kureg then to the ice pre-made stuff. We have hundreds laying around between the house and Coach. Finally they have a use.

I will ask pops where the women is getting the filter media., maybe folks can get it?

I friens of my pops is making them for first responders and gave us 2. They have removable filters and are washable( not the filter part.) I think im gonna send mine to my cousins wife who is a trauma nurse.
Lord knows she needs it more than i do.

View attachment 1715502326

Inside you can see the N95 cloth.

View attachment 1715502327
The nice thing about Raiders masks is they can also double as toilet paper!
:poke::lol:
Go Broncos :D

On a serious note, my wife has started making masks for individuals and nursing homes.

The Raiders lost me the first time they moved out of Oakland, now the second time.... me and them are done.

I may as well be a niner fan....

Yes Oakland is the devils armpit but it dose bread loyalty.

Oh my. I almost took a picture of the mask postcard a customer showed me today.

It was titled "used masks for sale"

They were not covering the mouth.

Now they are propped up in randim places around the shop.

Real men!! At the end of each day, we just spray a little diesel up our noses and light it off! Kills the virus gets rid of long nose hair and opens up the sinuses! For a short, quicker burn just use gas, low octane will work.

I have about 10 N95 masks but they are so old, I dont think anyone would accept them. so I just wear them. 4 have the exhaust flapper valve. Customer gave me 2 cheap surgical masks yesterday after I handed her her modem through the door for her install. Better than any tip! She was so appreciative that I worked outside in the rain for an hour to get her internet installed.

-
Back